Entertainment Industry (1 Viewer)

HSC
does anyone else in the forum do this vet course? what do you think of it?

poonie

Yeah I do...I only started it last term though...I really like it, and i think its great to have a qualification coming straight out of school.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i really wanted to do this course but unfortunately there is no TAFE around me that does it. do u know if u can do by distance education or anything like that? i was so upset when i found out my local TAFE's werent teaching it :(

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
_muse_ said:
i really wanted to do this course but unfortunately there is no TAFE around me that does it. do u know if u can do by distance education or anything like that? i was so upset when i found out my local TAFE's werent teaching it :(
Where is the Hunter Valley i'm sure there has to be a Tafe doing it .....
Try OTEN.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
But yeh I do Entertainment VET .... There are actually (I think 3) forms of Etertainment that you can study for VET with the HSC.
It is very good in my opinion you actually learn quite abit

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
The only place they do it is Newcastle which is about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away.. a bit far to do with my hsc as well...

which one are you doing? does it set u up for uni or just for a job or what?

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
yeah, i do the ent. course - also in the hunter valley. its pretty good, but my school only offers the front of house componenet .. which im not too interested in. its alright for a good overview and knowledge of the industry though!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yeah front of house i pretty much already know about... im more interested in back stage type of stuff.. but the only Tafe like thing u can do for that is it Sydney or Melbourne at JMC or somethin

i_got_2_b_me

HSC
Front of House

The Front of house course is rather dull. The teacher teaching us thinks we're just a lot of extras that she has to deal with so we haven't learnt anything at all. The teacher we had last year left and now we have not one exprienced teacher to learn from. It's just a joke

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
he/she shouldnt be teaching you the course if they havent got experience - they should be properly qualified - and therefor have experience in the field!

on another note.. why isnt the Entertainment Industry course included as one of the main courses under VET courses - obviously a few people do it!

polso2005

HSC
totally agree, i also do this course and have had various teachers. you can really pick the ones who have had no pratical experience whatsoever, it makes it so much harder to learn

a11y50n

HSC
I do VET Entertainment. I love it. its my fav subject and I'm coming first yay!! hehe..
I am really into it.. anyone else in yr12?

rara_05

HSC
yeah i do EIT. im not really happy, im in year 12, and we only found out a week ago that our total in class assesment comes from our trails, not good when your aiming for a UAI of 96

babywhitto

what do u learn in the entertainment course...coz our school doesnt offer it and i didn tknow i could do that till a few months ago...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)