erm how does it work ? (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
how does the whole UAI thing work? and how does ur school rank and school based assesments get counted up ? ima bit confused :( and isit true that u cant get band 6 in standard English at all? and that getting band 5 in standard Eng is really hard?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
uai is your ranking its made up of your raw hsc marks and assesment compared to the state...you cant get a band 6 in standard because its (Capped-read the technical arcana section for more info on capping) and if your bright enough you can get a band 5 in eng

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Originally posted by sam04u
uai is your ranking its made up of your raw hsc marks and assesment compared to the state...you cant get a band 6 in standard because its (Capped-read the technical arcana section for more info on capping) and if your bright enough you can get a band 5 in eng
Students are not capped from getting a Band 6 in Standard. It is possible to get one but just too hard because students need to produce work that is worthy of Band 6.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
i read that its close to impossible to get band 6 like 1-2 people get it because there scaleddddd of it..

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
tats so crap/... why can't students produce work capable of getting band 6? standard English ppl arent dumb! i know some ppl doin stan. Eng are smart.. i wana know what i need to do to get band 6!

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
welll... maybe not me cause im crap at school altogether... but other ppl doing standard English !! ~

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Originally posted by sam04u
i read that its close to impossible to get band 6 like 1-2 people get it because there scaleddddd of it..
Actually, there weren't any students who got a Band 6 in Standard. However, 1.3% of standard students got Band 5 last year.

Originally posted by baby_mulanz
tats so crap/... why can't students produce work capable of getting band 6? standard English ppl arent dumb! i know some ppl doin stan. Eng are smart.. i wana know what i need to do to get band 6!
I think its something along the lines of the Standard course was not designed for students to get Band 6 because if a student was capable, they would have chosen Advanced.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Read all the Sticky's and you'll understand..

Jeo

all the stickys in the other forum....

btw UAI is a rank not a mark.

UAI is made from your aggregate, sum of all your scaled marks.

EngStd only seems capped, however it is not.

Any student in any course should be able to get any mark, and any UAI, however, in practice, this is not the case.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i wanted to go back to Adv. but the sstopid bitch wouldnt let me cause she didnt like me and said that it was too late to go back and that stan. wasnt that bad *sob* *getting panicky* im not really aiming for band 6 but im aiming for band 5, but i don't like my chances since very little ppl can even get band 5 let alone band 6 !

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
speak with the head teacher if that dont work go to your principal and finally if that doesnt work contact you district super intendant (i can get a number if thats the case - whats your local council??)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Jesh and deyveed are correct.

You should remember that bands have nothing to do with your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)