essay questions. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
hey guys,

at the moment i'm having trouble as to how to answer these questions on modules b and c.

Conflicting Perspectives; You are speaking to an audience of your peers. Compose a speech in which you demonstrate how your understanding of conflicting perspectives is shaped by the construction of the texts.
- i did Julius Caesar for this module.

Module B - Poetry; How is your personal response to the poetry of Yeats shaped by perception of voice in the poems?

if i could get some advice on how to answer these, that would be wonderful thanks. i'm aware of how to write a speech etc, i'm just not exactly sure what to say i guess.

Divinity_

HSC
Conflicting Perspectives; You are speaking to an audience of your peers. Compose a speech in which you demonstrate how your understanding of conflicting perspectives is shaped by the construction of the texts.
- i did Julius Caesar for this module.
Basically asking the techniques from your texts used to show conflicting perspectives?

jellybelly59

HSC
modify your thesis in your essay to be your central idea in your speech. What's your original idea on what conflicting perspectives was - and then how did julius caesar change that perception of what you were essentially learning in the module.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Basically asking the techniques from your texts used to show conflicting perspectives?
ahh you're brilliant. i just needed someone to explain it to me in lay terms. i was thinking, like, it's a play, that doesn't change my view at all. thanks heaps.

i don't understand what a perception of voice is, can anyone explain that?

whyyyyyy do english teachers have to make my life so complicated?!!?

darshil

Replicant
HSC
How is your personal response to the poetry of Yeats shaped by perception of voice in the poems?

Perception of voice I think is another way to saying "what he is saying in the poem". So how has your personal view of his poems shaped by what he says and i guess what other say too.

Hope that helps (and that it is actually correct).

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Something along the lines of how poetic techniques establish a personal connection with the reader, also, how those techniques convey the themes of the poetry, relate that too the question and respond personally. Poetry always comes back to techniques.

I haven't studied Yeats, but thats the general vibe i pick up from that question.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
thanks. yeah i was just looking for the general vibe. i get really confused about the way things are worded.

thanks!!

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
thanks. yeah i was just looking for the general vibe. i get really confused about the way things are worded.

thanks!!
English questions are full of empty rhetoric, its stupid. They are vague for the sake of being vague. Its as if they've flipped open a thesaurus and replaced each word of the original question with another until it no longer makes sense. Good luck anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)