• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essay Structure: describe and assess Hitlers rise to dictatorship (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: So how is study going?

AH! i need help anyone here.... okay my Modern History exam is on next week and its going be like describe and asses Hitlers rise to dictatorship but i dont know how to structure my essay

Introduction: Many factors contributed to Hitler’s Dictatorship such as

-political and economic instabilities
-failing democracy
-hyperinflation
-great depression
-Hitler charismatic personality
-The role of the Nazi party
-Army
-Early events in the 1930’s

1St paragraph: A prominent factor adding to the hatred and distrust of Weimar republic and German society.

-Factors that effected democracy – depression, hyperinflation = hardship
- German people suffered hardship and looked to new extreme measures
-Hitler used these factors to advantage him; let his popularity to rise
-Constantly referred to political signatories of the armistice “November criminals”
-Government was weak and held frequent elections allowed smaller parties to gain seats
-Powerful opponents of the Weimar such as industrialists/Prussian land supported/funded Nazi party

2nd Paragraph: The rise of Hitler attributed to…

-Gained support from middle class votes
-Proved Nazi against Weimar
-Nationalist party will regain strength just like when the Kaiser was in power
-Hatred of treaty and promise to economic change/action

3rd Paragraph: effective use of propaganda turned German people away from failing Weimar and drawing awe and respect for the Nazi party

-oratory abilities
-sense of mission
-determine will power
-played by anxieties
-dr Joseph Goebbles head of propaganda
-influential figure
-brainwashed Germany
-promoted Hitler’s’ image
-used mass media
-posters, flyers, radio
-Hitler wrote Mein Kampf in prison; stated his vies of nationalism, Aryan, lebensraum, anti Semitism and then promoted his views

I just need help on trying right dot points on how to write my essay because of the whole asses thing you cant really write it in order of the events? i dont know i just am hating on essays because i went so shit in my last one.

So help anyoneee?? (im not sure if this even makes sense aha)

Zephyrio

HSC

the name i want said:
AH! i need help anyone here.... okay my Modern History exam is on next week and its going be like describe and asses Hitlers rise to dictatorship but i dont know how to structure my essay

Introduction: Many factors contributed to Hitler’s Dictatorship such as

-political and economic instabilities
-failing democracy
-hyperinflation
-great depression
-Hitler charismatic personality
-The role of the Nazi party
-Army
-Early events in the 1930’s

1St paragraph: A prominent factor adding to the hatred and distrust of Weimar republic and German society.

-Factors that effected democracy – depression, hyperinflation = hardship
- German people suffered hardship and looked to new extreme measures
-Hitler used these factors to advantage him; let his popularity to rise
-Constantly referred to political signatories of the armistice “November criminals”
-Government was weak and held frequent elections allowed smaller parties to gain seats
-Powerful opponents of the Weimar such as industrialists/Prussian land supported/funded Nazi party

2nd Paragraph: The rise of Hitler attributed to…

-Gained support from middle class votes
-Proved Nazi against Weimar
-Nationalist party will regain strength just like when the Kaiser was in power
-Hatred of treaty and promise to economic change/action

3rd Paragraph: effective use of propaganda turned German people away from failing Weimar and drawing awe and respect for the Nazi party

-oratory abilities
-sense of mission
-determine will power
-played by anxieties
-dr Joseph Goebbles head of propaganda
-influential figure
-brainwashed Germany
-promoted Hitler’s’ image
-used mass media
-posters, flyers, radio
-Hitler wrote Mein Kampf in prison; stated his vies of nationalism, Aryan, lebensraum, anti Semitism and then promoted his views

I just need help on trying right dot points on how to write my essay because of the whole asses thing you cant really write it in order of the events? i dont know i just am hating on essays because i went so shit in my last one.

So help anyoneee?? (im not sure if this even makes sense aha)
If the question is "assess", it'll be something like:

"Assess the role of conservative elites in Hitler's rise to power"

or

"Evaluate the appeal of Nazism in Hitler's assumption of chancellorship in 1933"

In each of these cases, you will need to agree or disagree with the question. Then you need to say why, of course. For example, if I was answering the first question, I would say

"The role of conservative elites was the most prominent factor in Hitler's rise to power, as their constant undermining of the Weimar Republic and their political intriguing in the early 1930s paved the way for Hitler's rise to power. Though other factors contributed to Hitler's success, such as the Depression and the lack of faith in the democracy, it was the conservative elites which ultimately gave Hitler power and not these other circumstances."

Or if I was answering the second question, I would say:

"Though the appeal of Nazism played an important role in Hitler's rise to chancellorship, this was not as significant as the role of the conservative elites who actively undermined the democracy, particularly in the early 1930s. While people were indeed drawn towards Nazism, particularly during the Great Depression, Hitler's only path to chancellorship was through Hindenburg and the conservative elites who influenced his decision."

... lol... I'm sorry, I have exams to do so I can't clarify too much further.

HSC

wow thanks for the start up really appreciate, your writing just flows, my writing just sucks i dont know i just can get it all to flow properly so many things are going through my mind it can never be structured and i always repeat my self so if any modern history experts want to help me write essays properly
i would really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)