Essay (1 Viewer)

miss-teek

Please I need help. I'm writing an essay that i'm going to try to remember for my trials....but I don't know what to write next.

Physical journeys display overwhelming power over the individual. While journeys undertaken by Skrzyneski, Robyn Davidson and Frodo Baggins, to name a few, are classified as physical, involving movement between destinations, they may also institute inner journeys. This is because physical journeys do not just test our physical abilities, but out mental abilities as well.

Peter Skrzyneski portays a combination of both forms of jouneys. A first example, "Feliks Skrzyneski" displays not just evidence of the journey which has been taken, but also the effects migration has had on Skrzyneski's father and, to a small extent, himself. For example, the quote "Did you fater ever attempt to learn English?" is an indication that the family are migrants........

Please Help! I'm Stuck!

flyhigh

miss-teek said:
Please I need help. I'm writing an essay that i'm going to try to remember for my trials....but I don't know what to write next.

Physical journeys display overwhelming power over the individual. While journeys undertaken by Skrzyneski, Robyn Davidson and Frodo Baggins, to name a few, are classified as physical, involving movement between destinations, they may also institute inner journeys. This is because physical journeys do not just test our physical abilities, but out mental abilities as well.

Peter Skrzyneski portays a combination of both forms of jouneys. A first example, "Feliks Skrzyneski" displays not just evidence of the journey which has been taken, but also the effects migration has had on Skrzyneski's father and, to a small extent, himself. For example, the quote "Did you fater ever attempt to learn English?" is an indication that the family are migrants........

Please Help! I'm Stuck!
When writing about physical journeys, try not to say that it consists of an inner journey rather say that it results in self awakening/growth where the traveler extends himself not only physically, but emotionally and intellectually as he responds to different obstacles. Also you should look into the components of the physical journey such as:
- catalyst: reason, motivation for embarking on the journey
- obstacles/challenges - Along the journey travelers encounter challenges which require a response which lead to self growth
- result of the journey, self growth - more often than not, journeys involve gradual processes of self awakening of characters that result in a realization or discovery that offers a new or revised perspective.

So when writing your essay you should look at all the components and try and find a technique which shows it. Also make sure you link your texts!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I dont think its really a good idea to regurgitate a pre-prepared essay in the exam because the question will be different, maybe instead try to remember the major points of your argument such as the techniques you're focusing on and specific quotes, and you'll have a much better chance of answering the question asked in the exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)