Estimate Raw Mark Band Cutoffs (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
hey guys!! based on the nature of the exam, can we generate some raw mark band cutoffs?

?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 50% Aligned HSC Mark
?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 60% Aligned HSC Mark
?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 70% Aligned HSC Mark
?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 80% Aligned HSC Mark
?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 85% Aligned HSC Mark
?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 90% Aligned HSC Mark
?/100 Raw HSC Mark = 95% Aligned HSC Mark
lol/100 Raw HSC Mark = 100% Aligned HSC Mark

thx :D

Last edited:

bored6

HSC
fishy89sg said:
hey guys!! based on the nature of the exam, can we generate some raw mark band cutoffs?

?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 50% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 60% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 70% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 80% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 85% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 90% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 95% Aligned HSC Mark
lol/84 Raw HSC Mark = 100% Aligned HSC Mark

thx :D
Lower then last year :/

This paper seemed pretty easy to me.

williamc

HSC
FOI have never been carried out for this subject. So you couldn't give even an approximation.

No one knows besides the HSC judges and it changes every year.

bored6

HSC
williamc said:
FOI have never been carried out for this subject. So you couldn't give even an approximation.

No one knows besides the HSC judges and it changes every year.
^^ True.

But this years paper was alot easier then last years and it seems everyone did pretty well.

miss-smexy

HSC
Ancient is never really scaled up or scaled down. So does that mean say... if we get 95% raw mark...we'll probably end up with 95 as our hsc mark?

Scorch

HSC
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 50% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 60% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 70% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 80% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 85% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 90% Aligned HSC Mark
?/84 Raw HSC Mark = 95% Aligned HSC Mark
lol/84 Raw HSC Mark = 100% Aligned HSC Mark
Out of 84? Out of 100 you mean?

fishy89sg

HSC
Scorch said:
Out of 84? Out of 100 you mean?
LMAO yes. i copied it from the thread i started in 3unit maths :wave::eek::wave:

btw im not sure what mark ill get, cause i duno how good (or bad) my responses were. can someone gimme an indication of the level needed for 15, 20 and 25/25?

miss-smexy

HSC
All good responses must mention evidence AND historians. if you miss out historan names/their arguments or whatever, but ur whole essay is excellent and doesn't miss out evidence, you'll be penalised. Also, in section 3, even the part a bit must mention historians. I learnt the hard way during trials =(

fishy89sg

HSC
miss-smexy said:
All good responses must mention evidence AND historians. if you miss out historan names/their arguments or whatever, but ur whole essay is excellent and doesn't miss out evidence, you'll be penalised. Also, in section 3, even the part a bit must mention historians. I learnt the hard way during trials =(
i didnt mention any modern historians. whats the MAX i can get?

UsurpingBean

HSC
I remember in 02 or 04 or something there is a thread showing an 83/100 raw in ancient aligning to 90/100

I can't give you a source but its in those raw/aligned threads however unfortunately this test was really easy...which I suppose is a good thing so we wont be getting that much aligning I assume

As for the modern historian thing I can't say for sure but top band will require them so whilst its impossible to tell how nice the marker is you may only be on the border of band 6 at best which is great anyhow

Last edited:

Scorch

HSC
I mentioned Herodotus and Plutarch throughout my Xerxes and Greek World essays, and referenced the sources a fair bit in my Persia section. I think I killed the exam, so I'm hoping for band 6. 90+% basically equals a 90+ aligned mark, right?

fishy89sg

HSC
the only 'modern' people i mentioned were estelle lazer, jaye pont, sara bisel

im so screwed T_T

Scorch

HSC
Why do you necessarily have to reference a modern historian to get a band six? For things like the Greek World and Xerxes, all modern historians do is work off the ancient sources, which are ... ancient historians, so it seems kind of futile to require they reference a modern historian.

samuel slack

HSC
There has been one FOI application for raw marks, which fishy has linked in a post above... It went from an 83 to a 90, in 2004. So, I really don't think there's going to be that kind of scaling, due to the awesomeness of this exam.

fishy89sg

HSC
samuel slack said:
There has been one FOI application for raw marks, which fishy has linked in a post above... It went from an 83 to a 90, in 2004. So, I really don't think there's going to be that kind of scaling, due to the awesomeness of this exam.
im so screwed then.... :(

Scorch

HSC
Well I'm hoping for high 80s/low 90s raw, so if I can get that, I'm happy. Maybe my high 80s might be bumped up to a band 6. :p

stoney489

HSC
no u definetly have to mention modern sources, its nearly a must with any response, except ofcourse pompeii/hercelaneum as its all acheological shit, so u just talk about bisel, pont and lazer anf fiorelli. but for other subjects, such as sparta, i for instance quoted plutarch, aristotal and thermistacles(cant spell any of them) as my ancients, Paul Cartledge, J.V.A Fine and Brian Brennan as my moderns. its essential and as the previous guy said, if u dont mention them u wont do well. Oh and by the way, dont worry i crashed and burned on the julio-claudian essay, had to do the succesion of the emperors as i hadent studied tiberius fully and only knew claudius and nero back to front, so i couldnt talk about the succession from tiberius to claudius in any detail at all as i forgot the name of tiberious's succesor. also quoted sparta as being in the agean leage instead of dorian. oh well, there goes my chances of getting 99/100 in ancient

fishy89sg

HSC
i didnt talk about any modern historians... whats the highest mark i can get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)