Estimate your mark ---> (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Is it just me or was this year's paper 10 times harder than last year's...
Before the exam I was hoping for something in the 70s but now I just hope I PASSSSSS!!!!!!!! :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I know!! I did last years paper a few nights before and I was confident coz it was easy... I walked out today and almost cried!!

And yeah, a pass would be nice :p hopefully everyone else did bad too so we all get scaled up :)

Adam

HSC
It was a bitch. I know for a fact I'll get like 2 marks, if that, for the last two q's.

As for the rest of the normal test, I reckon I was travelling at around high 80's until question 8, which I am stoked with considering I got 38% in my trial.

Last edited:

Cyclohexanol

yeah i should get 70% in the test.. it was indeed harder then trial / past but it was possible

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I know I definately lost 10 marks, taking in to account silly mistakes I hopefully got in the realm of 100-105 out of 20

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by M-THIS
yeah i thought it was harder then the last 5 or 6 years of past hscs!!!
for sure, i have been finishing those exams in 2h30mins or less, and i didn't get to finish today!

tempco

HSC
I'm hoping for a 110/120 or there abouts... if silly mistakes don't smack me that hard.

vennyra

Well i think i may have gotten about 75% or so, which is ok

I was just wondering though, say i get 96/120 [which is 80%] would that mean that on my hsc, it will show my mark as being 80 and as having been a band 5? [sorry, i don't understand if scaling is just for the UAI or for our actual marks too]

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
As I understand it, they moderate and/or align the marks in accordance with the candidature performance. (This is done by BOS)...

But i know for sure that UAC scales your final HSC mark for calculation of your UAI. So if you get a mark of 80% in the final Maths mark, that could go down to about 74% with UAC.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
As I understand it, they moderate and/or align the marks in accordance with the candidature performance. (This is done by BOS)...

But i know for sure that UAC scales your final HSC mark for calculation of your UAI. So if you get a mark of 80% in the final Maths mark, that could go down to about 74% with UAC.
In response to that...

BOS decides wat mark each year u need to get into bands depending on the performance of everyone...

So say BOS says this year 82% = Band 6... On your results it will say External Mark = 90... even though u got 82% Raw...

bails

Well i thought that sucked! We came out of it thinkin it was heaps harden than the last yrs, and our head teacher and 3U teachers told us it was the easiest in the last 10 yrs! Im hopin to get around 40% now...

Does anyone know if the answers are posted anywhere? I wanna c roughly what i got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)