Europe DisneyLand(Paris) (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm going to France next month, anyone been to Europe's only disneyland? How was it and what are the prices? thanks :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I thought it was pretty boring and reeaaaaaaallllly overpriced. But if you want to go, then you might enjoy it. I was dragged there by my mum.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Well, I went in winter- a few years back, and half the attractions were closed, but it was still pretty fun.

There's going to be a HUGE cue though. Major.
I went in the middle of bloody winter, and it was all of 2C when we went and the cue's were still enormous. I waited an hour to get onto this star trek enterprise ride.
Make sure you go on the Jules Verne Roller coaster thing.
It's the one in the middle of Disneyland that has the rollercoaster going through this like... Gun barrell thing on the side of a massive roundish building. It goes up through that gun barrell thing, and into this dark thing.. it does corkscrew 360 degree turns, and it's pitch black, but there are flashes of ligth and stuff.
Make sure you keep your head back against the head rest thing, (If you can) cause it hurts. xD It really really hurts.
It's quite cute.... but a little boring once you've done a few average rides.
The usual stuff like 'it's a small world after all' and things are there. The teacups are there, flying dumbos (like at wonderland) but nothing to great. xD
It is over priced and I warn you. I warn you deeply.
DO NOT GO TO THE BLACK LAGOON cafe.
It's bloody awfull. (Overpriced too).
There's the shops and all, which are pricey- but cute, and traditional "USA DISNEYLAND" style but yeah.
You can watch the parade at like 6pm or something, down 'Main street USA' xD So corny. You can catch the old train that goes around Disneyland, and you can visit the Fantasy Castle (you know, the big pink castle where sleeping beauty and all that is).
If you're a thrill ride person, there's probably 3 rides that are worth going on, apart from that- you need to be a little tot to really go crazy in disney land ^^

Oh. Catch the train early in the morning, if you're leaving from the centre (city) of Paris. You have to take two trains, and it takes a while!
They have english guide maps too for Disneyland, so be sure to pick one up outside the gates of disneyland, because you'll have to speak french otherwise. xD

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Hmm I have the opportunity to go there next month as well. I am trying to decide Disneyland or The Louvre... which one should I go for?

And would it be more fun going in a group(probably a fair size group) or not? I think one of my friends wants to go to the Louvre rather than Disneyland. I also got told that queues(is that spelt right my english is crap now!) aren't as bad in June as they are in July.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
NRuus said:
Hmm I have the opportunity to go there next month as well. I am trying to decide Disneyland or The Louvre... which one should I go for?

And would it be more fun going in a group(probably a fair size group) or not? I think one of my friends wants to go to the Louvre rather than Disneyland. I also got told that queues(is that spelt right my english is crap now!) aren't as bad in June as they are in July.
Duh.

The Louvre.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
The Louvre is really boring if you've never had an interest in art. I went to the Louvre before I took Visual Arts and I found it mediocre. Just an endless stream of Christian-themed paintings. Once I took Visual Arts I realized I missed a lot of stuff, and the Christian-themed paintings were due to the fact that most of the patrons of these paintings were Churches.

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Yeah but I already know that alot of paintings were commisioned by churches only them and the superrich could afford to commission the paintings.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
vanush said:
The Louvre is really boring if you've never had an interest in art. I went to the Louvre before I took Visual Arts and I found it mediocre. Just an endless stream of Christian-themed paintings. Once I took Visual Arts I realized I missed a lot of stuff, and the Christian-themed paintings were due to the fact that most of the patrons of these paintings were Churches.

I was fucking lyke 7 and i LOVED the louvre.

droodles

HSC
Yeah I miss the Louvre as well. I remember when I went in 2005 it was an amazing experience seeing the mona lisa painting and all these gigantic pictures all over the place.

I miss Paris like a fat kid misses cake.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ahaha I had my sixteenth birthday at EuroDisney last year. It was really fun, except they have this really fucked up system where if you want to get your photo taken with Pooh Bear or Cinderella or whatever :eek: you have to go to one of the the "dress up areas" which is like a stage, and line up. They don't just walk around and hug you like they do on the gold coast :( which means you can't harrass them like you can on the gold coast too :(

anyway, france = love. fuck i wanna go back.

the louvre was awesome. we were only there for like 3 or 4 hours though, nowhere near enough time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)