Europe (1 Viewer)

Borbor

HSC
My family and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of the year (our summer holidays) but we're not too sure where we'd like to visit so I thought someone could help out?

We defintely want to visit Germany, France and Italy and to a lesser extent Greece, Czech Republic (Prague).

Any other worthwhile destinations to consider?

For Germany where would be some good cities to visit besides Berlin, my German teacher mentioned Cologne and the Romantic Road in Bavaria.

France I was thinking Paris and Strasbourg which brings me to another question. Is there a trainline linking Germany - Strasbourg?

Borbor

HSC
nichhhole said:
you're going in their winter?

:(
Yea, hehe my teacher had the same reaction. And then she said "Oh what the heck it's just a bit colder than our winters"

Sabbo

HSC
Borbor said:
France I was thinking Paris and Strasbourg which brings me to another question. Is there a trainline linking Germany - Strasbourg?
There's heaps of train lines around of Europe. I caught a train to Stuttgart via Strasbourg. Shouldn't be an issue

Paris is OK but I found it too touristy. I liked the smaller towns much better. Maybe it's better in Winter; i was there in Summer which is peak season.

Last edited:

latvia

HSC
N/A
This is Riga (capital city of Latvia):

(Some views of Old Riga, the streets, etc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgAfPxeXxK4

Just watching this makes you feel as if I were there..

Jurmala Beach (in Latvia), where you can see the Baltic Sea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXM8wZAy-Lc

(but better not go to the beach during winter because the snow piles up real high --maybe even blocking the ocean view, and you can be sure it'd be very very cold..)

*Minka*

HSC
Europe in winter will be colder than you are accustomed too, but it is absolutely beautiful, especially in the places where it snows. If youw ere going in Summer, I'd recommend the Croatian coast (just gorgeous beaches) but being winter, it won't be the same.

Stockholm is a gorgeous city with AMAZING nightlife. Me and my brother Zlatan never get home until at least 6am when we are there. Oslo and cities around there are very nice. Prague - everything you hear about it being beautiful is true and the history museums are fascinating. Budapest, Hungary is also very nice. Adored Greece, but we were there in the summertime and enjoyed the beaches, shopping in the makets in thongs and shorts, that kind og thing. Don't know what Greece would be like in Winter. Agree about Turkey. I actually found Paris a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but not as great as people make up.

I have been to most countries in Europe, so if you have questions about specific palces, just ask!

latvia

HSC
N/A
Has anyone been to Greeland or Iceland? I wonder how it's like.. and do they really sell a lot of fish? (in the cafeterias)

Peartie

HSC
In regards to Germany - if you have a car definatley do the Romantic Road - I lived in a town on it for a while back in 03/04 and if u want to see the 'real germany' thats a good place to go

cities to visit in germany: Berlin, Nurenburg, Muenchen, Heidelburg....the list is endless....I could spend a year just travelling Germany!

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
If your going to Germany

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM COLOGNE!!!

Cologne is an example of Oxford St - TOO MANY GAY CUNTS!

The gay cunts in Germany are worser than the ones in Oxford St.

Beware Europeans pronounce 'J' as 'Y'

I recommend you visit Gelsinkirchen, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Berlin.

Munchen is kinda crap..

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Chelsea FC said:
If your going to Germany

I recommend you visit Gelsinkirchen, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Berlin.

Munchen is kinda crap..
grow up you wanker

faov

HSC
Chelsea FC said:
If your going to Germany

Munchen is kinda crap..
HOMOPHOBE

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
I'm going to Europe too actually just Paris on the mainland and then by Eurostar to London. I'll spend Christmas with my relatives in Bristol and comeback to Syd on New Years Eve.

If you visit Czech you will notice how haggard looking czech women are. I don't know but they look different from the women in germany as soon as I cross the border LOL. On the other hand Prague is a beautiful city.

Given a chance, in which one would you stay Ritz Paris or Hotel George V?

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Well I went quite a bit around Europe in june. I think Copenhagen, Denmark and Tallinn, Estonia were my two favourite cities. Prague was really nice and I want to go back and so was Berlin. I think if you can't get as far north as Tallinn then you should at the very least visit Copenhagen. I loved it and want to go back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)