Europe (1 Viewer)

wanderlust

HSC
Who here is planning on doing the 'backpacking europe' thing lots of aussie's do? I'm leaving at the end of the year and was wondering how many other people are doing the same.

wanderlust

HSC
Master Yoda said:
yea well its gonna b freezing cold u realise
WHAT! Reaally? But it's summer in Australia why not Europe? Those travel agents lied! :rolleyes:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i know someone who is doing that at the moment with 2 friends.. from the email updates he sends it sounds quite interesting (though i wouldnt go to sweden.. the drinking age there is 23 haha)
im going to europe at the end of this year but staying with relatives and friends in croatia, switzerland and england. i know its going to be freezing cold but im excited about having a white christmas and just staying there for 2 months or so, as that is the longest break i will get while im at uni. i just want to experience it a bit so i can go again in the middle of 2009 after ive finished my uni degree. it would be a bit warmer then so i can hang out at the beautiful beaches croatia has to offer.. and do a bit more exploring.

wanderlust

HSC
cro_angel said:
i know someone who is doing that at the moment with 2 friends.. from the email updates he sends it sounds quite interesting (though i wouldnt go to sweden.. the drinking age there is 23 haha)
im going to europe at the end of this year but staying with relatives and friends in croatia, switzerland and england. i know its going to be freezing cold but im excited about having a white christmas and just staying there for 2 months or so, as that is the longest break i will get while im at uni. i just want to experience it a bit so i can go again in the middle of 2009 after ive finished my uni degree. it would be a bit warmer then so i can hang out at the beautiful beaches croatia has to offer.. and do a bit more exploring.

That sounds so nice, one of my friends is Croatian and she says it's really beautiful, i'm not going there, wish i was but. Switzerland is meant to be stunning as well, i'm going there YAH!

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
my mum travelled around europe.
the majority of her photos include beer of some sort, cigarettes, and drunk tourists/mum.
but she had fun.
only, sometimes she was too hungover to think to take her camera to the places where you want to take a camera, but takes her camera to all the pubs and any place that served alcohol.

but then again, when i travel europe, my photos will probly be very much similar to my mums.

but yeah, have fun.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
im going around germany, france, england, italy and croatia....... only not so much backpacking as staying with my cousins for a while.
as one of the token ethnics/wogs on this forum, i would recomend croatia and italy as places to go, they have most probably the nicest people and most fun atmosphere of all the european nations.
just as matty said, yes it will be freezing. and if you go to sweeden/norway, remember, it gets very very dark in winter.
i love euope <3 <3

edit/ps: croatia is amazing. if you come over in the summer time and come to the touristy coast bit just between Split and Sibenik known as Rogoznica, i can get you cheap accomodation at my family's appartments. sweetos.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
yea i'm going to europe/canada after hsc most likely, my sister did a few years ago so i'm planning to do the same
i lived in france before so basically i can just get free accom all over france, germany, uk from my parents friends that i have never met.

i mainly want to go for the snow.. france, switzerland, germany = awesome :>

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I'd rather go to asian countries (no prejudice whatsoever) just that there seems to be more variety

SweetSeasons

HSC
i'm going to Italy, Switzerland, France, Netherlands and finishing in london.. I'm oing over 21 days but I'm gonna spend most of that in Italy.. because there is so much i wanna see there.. I'm so excited, can't wait for november :D

Peartie

HSC
cro_angel said:
(though i wouldnt go to sweden.. the drinking age there is 23 haha)
Whered u get that from? from reading laws etc it is 18 in public but 20 to buy from Systembolaget stores - which are the only stores that can sell alcohol with more than 3.5% alcohol volume or sumthing like that anyway...

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I went to Amsterdam, Frankfurt, France, Spain in holidays - was awesome :).

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Peartie said:
Whered u get that from? from reading laws etc it is 18 in public but 20 to buy from Systembolaget stores - which are the only stores that can sell alcohol with more than 3.5% alcohol volume or sumthing like that anyway...
Hahaha well my friend said that was the reason he didnt go to sweden.. so I just believed him.. but yeh I guess going around Europe there is so much more underage drinking lol.. they never check ID

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm in London now and have been here for 2.5 months... I'm here for a bit longer, and then in mid May I am kicking off travelling around Europe until the end of July. Very excited, it should be great.

helsie

HSC
I went overseas when i was in yr 10 with my family. best experience of my life.
we went for 7 weeks and went to Greece, Belgium, France, Amsterdam and Dubai.

I'm definetly going back to Greece, Amsterdam and Dubai. Greece because i have family there. Amsterdam because of the weed and bicycles everywhere. Dubai because or the safari desert dinner with belly dancing and henna tattoos, camell rides, four-wheeled driving in the sand dunes, and next time i go i wana see the islands they have built.

And next time im definetly going to Europe in summer. we went in spring to save money. but i didnt get to go for a swim once! not once! agh! and i got sick. seriously, their spring is like our autumn.

and im also going with my friends, not family. that way we can reaaly have fun :D

ladyknight

HSC
Im in italy atm, for another month- been here 3 already and I've got loads more to see- its good making trips away for a week then coming back to a 'home' base (mine's Firenze/Florence).

l I'm gonna say for sure is DON'T rush it. Each place (each country and its regions and towns) has its own atmosphere, and its a waste of money and effort going if you don't soak it up.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Has anyone been to Lithuania, Poland or the Czech Republic? Booked my flight from London to Lithuania last week :) It sounds really cool, and not as touristy as some other places.

olchik

HSC
sunjet said:
I went to Amsterdam, Frankfurt, France, Spain in holidays - was awesome :).
Where have you been in Spain and what did you do there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)