evening subjects (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
couple of questions:

1. because of timings of the lectures for ACCG100, i have a 4 hrs gap between lectures. so i am thinking of doing it in the evening. is there anything wrong with doing it in the evening because the rest of my subjects are day classes. [in case it isnt clear, i understand that i have to do all lects and tutes for ACCG100 in the evening session, and not mix n match with the day session]

2. also, i was worried that the evening lecture might have a less capable/different lecturer than the day ones. would this be a real worry? i am planning to ring the uni, but a student perspective would be nice :)

once again, thanks!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
for 1. is there anything you can fit in the 4hr gaps, to make your other days shorter. so you can move some things from the start / end of the day into the gap

mememe

did you just say if you choose an evening lecture you have to go to the evening tutorials, prac's etc too? Can't i mix and match?

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by mememe
did you just say if you choose an evening lecture you have to go to the evening tutorials, prac's etc too? Can't i mix and match?
i am not sure, but i would think so, this way the tutes would be in order; after the lectures.

Originally posted by iambored
for 1. is there anything you can fit in the 4hr gaps, to make your other days shorter. so you can move some things from the start / end of the day into the gap
not really...
its like so:
11- ACCG100 L1
12-
13-
14-
15-
16- COMP L1
17- ACCG100 L2

i could fit my accg tute in there, but then i am there for too long. i could also put another tute, along with the accg one, then there are too many classes in one day. and i would be at uni for only a couple of hrs another day.

*hopeful*

HSC
just put the accg tute in
it's only another hour n ur there for only 4 hours all up
thats not that bad

yay my 100th post
fuk its about time :)

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes you have to pick the same tutes/pracs from the same session as the lecture. so if you pick an evening lecture, you have to attend an evening tute/prac.

i'm not sure about your no.2 query. now you got me thinking about the less capable lecturers assigned to evening lectures cuz they suck!! hmmm.. can you let us know what the uni's says...

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by *hopeful*
just put the accg tute in
it's only another hour n ur there for only 4 hours all up
thats not that bad
maybe you didnt get me. i dont mind putting in the accg tute in there, but then i would be at uni from 11 to 6. 7 hrs...i would waste 3 of them and be very bored.

doe

HSC
N/A
go study in the library/drink at the bar (a bad idea for 3 hours)/see a movie at mac centre.

L1onHeart

well you are wrong. You can attend on evening lecture and day tutorial it doesn't matter. Last semester i register in evening lecture and day tutorial, moreover, if you don't have time to attend evening lecture you can just go in the day lecture. Noone will forbid you but if you got test you should go for the time that you registered for my case is evening.

mememe

Originally posted by L1onHeart
well you are wrong. You can attend on evening lecture and day tutorial it doesn't matter. Last semester i register in evening lecture and day tutorial, moreover, if you don't have time to attend evening lecture you can just go in the day lecture. Noone will forbid you but if you got test you should go for the time that you registered for my case is evening.
Do the tutorial's have a lot to do with the lectures? Like if i chose to do the evening lecture, but went to the tutorial in the day time first, would i not get it cos i havent heard the lecture yet? Or are they two seperate things altogether.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i heard that in some tutes they start off with a test? is that true?

L1onHeart

Originally posted by choco
i heard that in some tutes they start off with a test? is that true?
from my experience is No, I never start off with a test

Originally posted by mememe
Do the tutorial's have a lot to do with the lectures? Like if i chose to do the evening lecture, but went to the tutorial in the day time first, would i not get it cos i havent heard the lecture yet? Or are they two seperate things altogether.
Tutorial always based on your previous lectures so usually you don't have tuturial in the first week. Sometimes, you need to attend tutorial in the first week but you don't start lesson right away but they just give you some clue or whatever in the first week such as forming group for project work etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do you do group assessments?

and do they day and night lecturers get through the exact same content in each of the lectures?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I emailed somebody @ Maquarie about ancient history and she said that i can attend evening lectures and daytime tutorials.

Just remember that not all courses have both day and evening session in the same semester.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by Cyan_phoeniX
I emailed somebody @ Maquarie about ancient history and she said that i can attend evening lectures and daytime tutorials.

Just remember that not all courses have both day and evening session in the same semester.
k thanks for the info!! :) im gonna have to redo my timetable again!! :(

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
But just so it's made clear, thats what i was told with ancient history. I'm not positive if it's the same in all cases, so you should definitely ring the university to make sure.

Even be safe and make a few timetables, just in case you get there and your told it is wrong, that way you wont have to readjust it on the spot and possibly make hasty and rash decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)