Everyone doing julio claudians (1 Viewer)

christoffpow

HSC
So obviously studying 17 fucking essays is bullshit right, i mean sure you can use your knowledge of other dot points, but still at the end of the day its 17 different things you have to talk about... So then i thought of this. I narrowed down the syllabus to dot points they WILL ASK.. And please if anyone disagrees, LET ME KNOW.. 'Impact of the death of Augustus' as well as 'Role of Seneca' couldn't possibly be questions... their just too narrow of a question to respond to with a broad answer capable of receiving 25 marks. Think about it.. Next, they will ALWAYS ask you a question on the first part of the syllabus. So you can basically eliminate the second part. (administration, imperial cult, etc).. Last year they asked about the political role of the praetorian guard, so you can disregard that as well... So then i came up with this..:  changing role of the princeps under the Julio-Claudians rulers: Tiberius, Gaius  (Caligula), Claudius, Nero  the Senate: changing role and responsibilities  Reforms and policies of the Julio-Claudian rulers: political, social, legal, religious and administrative  Changing image of the princeps  Significance of building programs  Consequences of the death of Nero  Role and contribution of Seneca  Year of the 4 emperors... these are all likely to be ONE of the questions out of the TWO they will ask. Thats more than half of the syllabus i've crossed off.. if anyone disagrees tell me. i think its quite brilliant. And look up past papers (not just from julio, but from other topics) and you'll see they always ask the first half in at least one question..

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Dude, just because they have always asked things from the first half of they syllabus in the past doesn't mean they have to and always will. Also, while you may think some points are too narrow for a 25 marker, the BoS doesn't always think so, look what happened with Greek world 500-440 B.C last year.

georgia-ellen

HSC
They're not expecting you to have 17 prepared essays when you go into an exam that you just memorise. They're expecting you to know information, and then from that the exam is actually testing your ability to produce this information in a well-structured response under time pressure.
Yes, it is ridiculous. It's more a test of speed writing really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)