exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Nelly_04

HSC
was the chem exam based really closely on the syllabus? how hard did u find it? were there a lot of mathsy calculation type stuff?

victorling

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Nelly_04
was the chem exam based really closely on the syllabus? how hard did u find it? were there a lot of mathsy calculation type stuff?

the chem exam is really closely related to the syllabus, for examples, the long essay questions appeared in the past hsc exams are actually derived from the syllabus dot points, with small variations on the wordings

chem is not hard if you like it and make it an interesting subject. Chemistry is everywhere in our everyday lives! Try to involve more actively in chem experiments and carry them out by yourslef. In this manner, you will be involved in the topic being discussed and u will memorize it firmly, also, you may get to like this subject!^_^

maths type claculation stuff is frequently asked concerning topics such as mole concepts, fertiliser and salt composition in a particular compund. The formulae are fixed and easy to memorize.
Try to practise a number of these calculating questions and as you get more familiar with them, this area may be the easiest mark u will score in the exams!

Basically, science subjects tend to follow a trend of essay-type questions these years , and it has been a majority in chem exam too, about more than 70% of the paper is essay-type questions.Try to look at my year's chem hsc paper, the 2003, it is almost consisted all of the 6-marks long analytical questions.These kind of questions require you strongly to make a plan before you commence to write about what u r going to talk about.Try to jot down several associated points with the question being asked and simply link them in a reasonable and well-explained manner.

If anything above is being unclear, i would be happy to answer it more detailly:)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
it was close to the syllabus, but they tested that you knew all your points, not just the major ones
like there was a 7 marker (i think) on the haber process...which only takes up one small dot point

victorling

HSC
N/A
go through the syllabus dot points and make sure u fully understand what each d.p involves. I recommend that u can try writing a summary/response for each d.p.
Just like what hipsta jess has said, for the dot point:haber process, u should consider various information such as the history(if asked), the starting and resulting materials, the chemical equation for it, the optimum conditions that favour its maximum and economical production of ammonia(application of Le Chatelier's Principle) and maybe, if asked, why cant they use very high pressure(considering mechanical failure)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)