exams (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So, with today being the first day of exams, I thought it would be good to have one place (instead of 50 separate threads) to brag about how good we went, how shit we did, or even throw e-daggers at people without exams *cough*SJ*cough*

I haven't started yet, first is biomed on Wednesday, and its almost guarenteed I shall fail...oh well :p Bloody work called me in for training tomorrow, I need it to study goddamnit!

Anyway, rant away!

(ps, marks are released Dec. 12)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Soca1020 was much easier than what I thought it would be, however it's always hard to say with a multiple choice exam. Probably got around 40/50, unless I made some stupid mistakes. Not looking forward to econ1110 tomorrow. That exam is going to suck.

UGFighter

HSC
Janet goes for questions where you're required to do numerical calculations over the theory.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
My first exam is on Wednesday, ACFI2080: Corporate Financial Decision Making. It should be easy as always, although having said this I will probably screw it:p.

UGFighter

HSC
36 marks on International finance

26 on treasury management

another 18 or so on mergers/acquisitions..

those 3 topics make up about 75% of the total marks :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, pretty easy exam to pass but hard to get a High Distinction because to get the extra marks you really need to remember the stuff from early in the semester:(.

UGFighter

HSC
dividend theory, the cost of capital (which is a complete load of bullshit), EMH (mainly bullshit, but has some merit)...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Craig said:
Soca1020 was much easier than what I thought it would be, however it's always hard to say with a multiple choice exam. Probably got around 40/50, unless I made some stupid mistakes. Not looking forward to econ1110 tomorrow. That exam is going to suck.
yeh, i didn't mind soca..a few things i was like 'um, what?' but overall it was pretty damn easy..and true, i guess most people always think that about m/c but yeh, i think this was ok

and yes, sooooo not looking forward to macro..i really can't be assed studying for it tonight so i'm cramming in the morning..yay..(btw, did you know george dropped?!)

btw, thanks for replying craig *cough*

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
em_516 said:
yeh, i didn't mind soca..a few things i was like 'um, what?' but overall it was pretty damn easy..and true, i guess most people always think that about m/c but yeh, i think this was ok

and yes, sooooo not looking forward to macro..i really can't be assed studying for it tonight so i'm cramming in the morning..yay..(btw, did you know george dropped?!)

btw, thanks for replying craig *cough*
Lol, I thought it was a bit dodgy for them to expect us to remember specific individuals who brought in social practices. I remember reading about them, but I certainly didn’t place any significance on their names. Btw, what was the country that had that group who used modern day film techiques. Was it Brazil or Ecuador?

I didn't know george dropped macro, thats surprising. I’ve actually got a fair bit of study done tonight. Apparently the paradox of thrift is always asked, so I learnt how to draw a graph representing that. I’m hoping that comes up tomorrow, as well as phillips curves.

Lol, sorry about not replying, but unlike everyone in my exam room, I almost used the full two hours. I was the last to leave and didn’t get out until 3.45, by which I just assumed you had gone home. Or did u simply want a lift home?

rific

HSC
I have an exam this semester, quite a novelty really. Now I just have to find my way through engineering, but I think that's where my other exam was that other time I had to do one. Come to think of it, I think this will be at least the fourth exam I've done. See educ students do almost as many exams as everyone else.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Craig said:
Lol, I thought it was a bit dodgy for them to expect us to remember specific individuals who brought in social practices. I remember reading about them, but I certainly didn’t place any significance on their names. Btw, what was the country that had that group who used modern day film techiques. Was it Brazil or Ecuador?

I didn't know george dropped macro, thats surprising. I’ve actually got a fair bit of study done tonight. Apparently the paradox of thrift is always asked, so I learnt how to draw a graph representing that. I’m hoping that comes up tomorrow, as well as phillips curves.

Lol, sorry about not replying, but unlike everyone in my exam room, I almost used the full two hours. I was the last to leave and didn’t get out until 3.45, by which I just assumed you had gone home. Or did u simply want a lift home?
haha fuck you, i don't ALWAYS ask for lifts..nah me, george and sarah stayed in BOTH till 5 and then went for a walk on the break wall lol

yeh, i can't say i was a fan of the questions asking about the aboriginal tribes and the dude..i chose gorotire though even though others rang a bell because he said that name sooooooooo much in the lecture..i'm just hoping it wasn't a tribe or something :p

and the kayapo were from brazil, because it was to do with the amazon i think

haha damn, i'm gonna have to actually study tomorrow..work out what the paradox of thrift is :p ..eh, cramming seems to work for me thank god..macro may be the exception though :s

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
em_516 said:
haha fuck you, i don't ALWAYS ask for lifts..nah me, george and sarah stayed in BOTH till 5 and then went for a walk on the break wall lol

yeh, i can't say i was a fan of the questions asking about the aboriginal tribes and the dude..i chose gorotire though even though others rang a bell because he said that name sooooooooo much in the lecture..i'm just hoping it wasn't a tribe or something :p

and the kayapo were from brazil, because it was to do with the amazon i think

haha damn, i'm gonna have to actually study tomorrow..work out what the paradox of thrift is :p ..eh, cramming seems to work for me thank god..macro may be the exception though :s
Lol, the vast majority of the time you're scabbing a lift :p I went and had a coffee with Melanie anyway.

Oh sweet, my guess was correct. I missed that lecture and took a stab that it was about the Amazon rainforest, simply because the other questions made reference to environmental stuff.

lol, look up paradox of thrift in the index, there’s a two page summary of it in the textbook. total demand for money is also apparently important. I was talking to Kate and they've asked a question on that for the last few years. There’s a graph explaining it really well in the textbook, in the money chapter. Michael and I are cramming in the morning anyway though

Anyways, cya tomorrow.

Last edited:

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
rific said:
I See educ students do almost as many exams as everyone else.

Hence why I have no exams this semester... *dances*

just a two week prac in a beautiful country school with wonderful kids and im done :D:D:D

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
psyc1020 tomorrow...ARGH!!
thurs = HUBS1107 - if i never have to name another artery in my life it will be too soon, or those damn cranial nerves, and its worth like 80%!!!
next mon = LING1120 - hehehe, already have passed course, really just have to turn up and im garunteed a distinction...YES!!

baker182

HSC
UGFighter said:
36 marks on International finance

26 on treasury management

another 18 or so on mergers/acquisitions..

those 3 topics make up about 75% of the total marks :p
where the fuck does he pull out 26 marks on a topic, which is a few pages in the text book?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
So what's the deal with sometimes not being allowed to use your own calculator? They let us in Physics, but wouldn't today in Chemistry.

I don't like having to spend 5 minutes looking to anti-log something on a 1974 calculator.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
use your abacus and log tables like the rest of us whiney. they probly dont like handing out the good uni calcs coz engineers keep lifting them

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
UGFighter said:
dividend theory, the cost of capital (which is a complete load of bullshit), EMH (mainly bullshit, but has some merit)...
Haha, good to see you have some confidence in what you are doing for the next few years:p. It may be easy, but it is still a lot of stuff to try and remember. How well prepared are you for the exam:)?

baker182 said:
where the fuck does he pull out 26 marks on a topic, which is a few pages in the text book?
Too me it seems as though the whole second half of the course (the stuff that Steve Easton lectured to us) has hardly any content in it at all:confused:.

UGFighter

HSC
SoCal said:
Haha, good to see you have some confidence in what you are doing for the next few years:p. It may be easy, but it is still a lot of stuff to try and remember. How well prepared are you for the exam:)?
I'll let you know tommorrow morning :p I'm only studying 3 topics.

I've found next to none of the stuff we've learnt has helped me with trading/investing. I've learnt more off Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffet through either reading reports or books written by them or about them and their methods than Uni will ever teach me.

People are going to get out of Uni and be clueless as how to analyse stocks and select stocks to add to their portfolio.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, I agree. We have learnt basically nothing of practical use. For example, the other day dad asked me if I have any good advice on what shares he should invest in and I told him I have no idea, we don't learn that kind of stuff:rolleyes:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)