Exchange Student (1 Viewer)

shiryu

HSC
Hi there,

I am going on Exchange to UTS for the next year. I am currently looking which place is best to live. I am from Spain which is pretty far far away from Sydney and I am kind of worried about the housing. Anyone can tell me something about UTS residences (Gumal, Bulga, Geegal, Blackfriars)? I was thinking about Gumal ... The sooner I apply the more possibilities I have to get in? I've read somewhere around here that its convenient to apply early, its that true? I've also read that you cannot inmediately transfer to the residence when you get there ... anyone know how many days do you have to wait until you get the room?
Thankx a lot!

shiryu

HSC
yes, anyone has pictures?or is anyone living there?

shiryu

HSC
Thanks for the info, but if I've already applied there means that I've seen all their stuff so I wouldnt be asking that

shiryu

HSC
I mean that I am familiarized with the UTS site, but the photos are small and there's very little info. Doesn't matter

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I lived there for a couple of years. Gumal is the nicest and newest one. It's very convenient and would be a good place to stay if you are on exchange because you don't need to worry about furniture, only some bed linen and a few things to cook and eat with which you can buy really cheaply down at Kmart which is down the road.

The social life isn't that exciting, but it's an ok place to live. Very close to the city (you can walk in to the centre of Sydney in 20 mins, or catch a bus and it takes about 5 minutes) and transport, as well as uni and shops and supermarkets.

shiryu

HSC
Thanks so much! I was looking forward to hear an inside opinion because I live pretty far from Sydney (just at the other side of the world) and I don't know which housing option its better here, thanks!:wave:

So ... where is the social life? ;)

Quique

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I will go there next year from Spain too.
I have chosen Gumal in all the options. I am waiting the answer of the Housing service. They say that will answer in late December or January.
If I am accepted, do I have to pay the residence fee before going from Spain or when I arrive there?
Thank you.

P.d.: Shiryu I have sent you a private message.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)