Exchanges (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
How many here have done an exchange? Share the details! Where were you, for how long, who did you do it with, how did you arrange it and what was it like? The best, worst and funny parts...?

Peartie

HSC
I went for 10 weeksish with AGSES at the end of year 10, went to a town in Baden-Wurtemburg called Weikersheim and was pretty much on the border to Bayern. I thought it was awsome, especially the 3 or so days i spent in Berlin with the other exchange people...absolutley awsome!

Isabelg

HSC
Exchange 2005/6

Is anyone out there applying for the SAGSE german exchange? If yes, I guess you're all having your interview tomorrow. Good luck! Have any of you out there been on this exchange or had an interview before? I'm so scared! I have no idea what they're going to ask me. I hope the questions they ask in German are going to be easy because I'm so nervous. Does anyone know what kind of questions they're going to ask us?
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
I dunno what the SAGSE program is. I'm thinking of doing a 10 month one next year through EF or WEP, probably. But good luck in your interview! :)

Isabelg

HSC
Thanks Elisabeth! I think i really need the luck...
Oh and goodluck for your 10 month exchange next year. Wow, I'm in awe! 10 months is ages. But you've been to Germany like 4 times havent you - so I guess it would be pretty good.
Thanks again,
Isabel

dreamee

HSC
I'm going in 32 days!!! Soooooo excited.

Tut mir leid. Couldn't contain myself....just needed to shout out to the world. =D

Btw, what is the opinion on going on exchange during yr 12, or just before yr 12? I was hoping to go with SAGSE but since I'm an accelerant and the timing of it just made me nervous...so I'm now going with SCCE.

Dreamee

elisabeth

HSC
I just got back from my exchange to Freiburg in the south of Germany. I was away for around ten months and changed host families once (although I still didn't get on with the new one...) Anyway if anyone has any questions, feels like speaking German or wants to compare exchanges, PM me!

Dragonfyre

HSC
I went on a 12 months exchange, for the German school year, 2005/2006. It was great. It wasn't really an exchange, since I stayed with my grandparents, but I went to school normally, like a German kid. It was hard to fit in at the start, since I didn't have anybody from a program looking out for me, but it was great. I even when on an exchange (an exchange in an exchange! ^^) to Swizterland a week before I returned to Australia it was great.

schmetterling

HSC
hehee, i went to germany in 05/06... but only for a month & a half.
which is no wayyy near as long as what you people stayed there. im so jealous! :(
buuuttt~ it was long enough for me to realise how much i love GERMAnyyy! i also went ot france for a day heheh and a weekend inthe swiss alps! anddd hada WHITEE CHRIStmass!~~
i absolutley loved it and all my friends i made and still talk with !!

:)

mozza47804

HSC
I also went on exchange during the 05/06 chrissie holidays.

It was only two months but it was the best time ever!!!!! I went over with a freind too which made it even better. I absolutely love Germany and can't wait to get back once schools over. I must say that the cold takes a bit of getting used to.

smartguy58

HSC
naiemand hier hat deutsch gesprochen wieso? bah

who cares, im on an exchange right now, finished yr12 and all that stuff first, im not in germany in switzerland tho, but unfortunately this country sucks arse, i went to germany for a week it was way better!
i been learning german for 5 months now, and i can undertand good, and speak a little bit of swiss german now.
hit me bak if you got some worries about exchange im happy to answer questions.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Ah, wirklich? Ich liebe die Schweiz. Vielleicht hilft es, dass ich Freunden in der Schweiz habe. Wo wohnst du in der Schweiz?

Peartie

HSC
Im going back on Exchange this year! But this time for Uni and for 6 months rather than school and 10 weeks....

rambam92

HSC
We had a school trip during the 07/08 summer holidays - it was awesome we went to münchen, Berlin and Frankfurt - basically - ich liebe Deutschland

Ezzzgi

HSC
I just got a SAGE scholarship, to go to Germany for 10 weeks or so, at the end of this year. I'll be missing the last 4 weeks of next term, which is my first term of Yr 12. 2 of those weeks will be assessment weeks. So I'm worried about that, and also about how it'll affect my studies next year. That's the only issue I have - I've been to Germany on a 2 week exchange before, and it wasn't anywhere near enough. I've also hosted two Germans. Soo fun, especially going over there =]

And I'll also be going on a school trip to London/Paris/Belgium in the 2 weeks Easter hols next year, so there goes those holidays as well.

My friend went last year with SAGSE, and he keeps raving on about how great it was. I really want to go, but will it affect my hsc year really badly? :(

X

xeuyrawp

Ezzzgi said:
I just got a SAGE scholarship, to go to Germany for 10 weeks or so, at the end of this year. I'll be missing the last 4 weeks of next term, which is my first term of Yr 12. 2 of those weeks will be assessment weeks. So I'm worried about that, and also about how it'll affect my studies next year. That's the only issue I have - I've been to Germany on a 2 week exchange before, and it wasn't anywhere near enough. I've also hosted two Germans. Soo fun, especially going over there =]

And I'll also be going on a school trip to London/Paris/Belgium in the 2 weeks Easter hols next year, so there goes those holidays as well.

My friend went last year with SAGSE, and he keeps raving on about how great it was. I really want to go, but will it affect my hsc year really badly? :(
Sounds awesome. You really need to chat with your teachers about how it'll affect your studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)