Experienced tutor - Online/Private lessons (1 Viewer)

ChrisOnlineTutor

HSC
Hi everyone,

My name is Christine and I am offering private tuition (online for the moment at least) for all ages in subjects:
- English (up to HSC Adv)
- Mathematics (up to HSC Adv)
- Japanese (conversation lessons and reading/writing)
- Legal Studies (YR11 and YR12)

I completed my HSC in 2014 (ATAR>90) having achieved band 6 results in Adv English, Legal Studies and Business Studies. I also have Business-level Japanese skills, having completed Japanese to the highest level at the University of Sydney (including 6mth exchange in Japan). I graduated with a Bachelor of Economics and Arts in 2020.

I am currently working at Deloitte, the top consultancy firm in Australia and having settled in, would love to open up to tutoring students again!

I am genuinely looking to help students achieve their potential at a reasonable rate. (Lessons charged by the hour.)

My spots are limited though, so get in quick!

Last edited:

nzexperiment

HSC
how have you adjusted to the new syllabus for all those subjects?

ChrisOnlineTutor

HSC
how have you adjusted to the new syllabus for all those subjects?
Good question!
I'll happily give a breakdown :)

I taught several students HSC English up until the end of 2018 and so I understand that the course syllabus, especially for English, changes frequently.
It follows then, that the English module texts have been recreated and common module has replaced the Area of Study I completed during my HSC - however, essay structure and writing technique remain consistent.

The syllabus for Legal Studies and Japanese levels haven't changed since i undertook my HSC either.
*Also should mention for Legal, Part 3 option topics I did were 1) Consumers and 2) World Order, but with essays being my strength I will happily edit/mark other topics too.*

The main changes would be for the Maths courses. Quite a few concepts have been taken out as well as added in! Fortunately, the additions to the Mathematics syllabus mainly pertain to data and probability which coincide with my studies of Econometrics at uni. Therefore incorporating these areas shouldn't pose any issues :)

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)