Exponential Growth and Decay/Rates of Change (1 Viewer)

witide

HSC
I've been going over this question for a while now, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

A body, initially at room temperature 20deg, is heated so that its temperature would rise by 5deg/min if no cooling took place. Cooling does occur in accordance with Newton's Law of Cooling and the maximum temperature the body could attain is 120deg. How long would it take to reach a temperature of 100deg?

I narrowed it down to what I think should be T = 5t + 20e^(-kt), but I can't find the constant. Any help would be appreciated, I'm just really curious to see how it's done now. :p

vds700

HSC
witide said:
I've been going over this question for a while now, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

A body, initially at room temperature 20deg, is heated so that its temperature would rise by 5deg/min if no cooling took place. Cooling does occur in accordance with Newton's Law of Cooling and the maximum temperature the body could attain is 120deg. How long would it take to reach a temperature of 100deg?

I narrowed it down to what I think should be T = 5t + 20e^(-kt), but I can't find the constant. Any help would be appreciated, I'm just really curious to see how it's done now. :p
i posted this question a while ago.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=170995

This should answer your question

witide

HSC
Woops I forgot about this topic...

Thanks, although I found out why I couldn't do it. Our teacher told us the next day that he actually hadn't taught us the content of how to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)