ext 2 projects (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
I wanted to do extension 2 and I want to do a website and I was wondering if anyone has done a website and stuff. I'm just a bit confused

KarmaKitten

HSC
thats the thing. I have too many ideas and Im worried all of them suck. I am pretty experienced in the programs but everyone is freaking me out about not having a set idea yet

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Well tell those people to go stick it. I suggest you start now and just play around with different ideas......have 3 websites going at once and then just choose the one you want. You've got mountains of time. Go for it!!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
U CAN DO WEBSITES FOR EXTENSION 2?

wot do u do in them mann i applied for extension 2 maths but didnt bother with english

some1 tell me more about wot u have to put in this major project

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You can pretty much do anything you like creative wise in Ext 2. Its very flexible.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I bought the Board of Studies Major Works CD which has a couple of websites, a speech, andf something else that u just put on ur comp and it comes up. They're heaps good!

I've been reading the books as well and everyone is sooo talented. Makes my poetry look as stupid as anything.

I'll end up doing poetry...sets my mind at rest.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
how would a website get marked then

what do they look for in the site etc...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
I bought the Board of Studies Major Works CD which has a couple of websites, a speech, andf something else that u just put on ur comp and it comes up. They're heaps good!

I've been reading the books as well and everyone is sooo talented. Makes my poetry look as stupid as anything.

I'll end up doing poetry...sets my mind at rest.
Thanks, I think i will buy the cd too.:)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
how would a website get marked then

what do they look for in the site etc...
yeah.. how would it get marked?
and i didnt know you could do a site for ext 2 ?!
omg... a site? learn the language of html first and know whayt you want... unlike me .. i only have a breif idea of html and keep changing what i want :confused:

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
karmakitten you go to st george yeah? there is a girl in yr 12 at your school doing a website i think, anyway her concept/ idea sounds fucking amazing so maybe you should talk to her about it! her name is amelia tan, we're not really friends or anything but i remember her telling me about it ages ago, i think she was doing something postmodern/to do with pop art.

i think with websites though, the concept is fairly important- like yeah you have to have competent design skills etc, but ultimately thats meaningless unless you have an idea of some substance behind it.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Doing a website would be excellent...but think about it. Your ideas have to be original and its easy to fall into the cliche. A girl at my school is doing a website about Teenagers. So like, Teen Depression, Pregnancy, Abortion, Suicide etc. Kinda cliche and so popular. But I dunno...whatever tickles ur fancy I guess.

Unlike me whose tossing up between two works and I have no idea which one!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah the more original the better. Im not sure with website cos Im not into all that kinda stuff, but I think the layout would still be second to the content......maybe something Englsihy to do with texts etc would get the better response with the markers?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Mcdickpants
i'm doing website/multimedia at the moment

what were you planning on doing?
id say, first get your idea sorted out, and become familiar with Dreamweaver, and flash and photoshop and all that biz
I thought you are making a video, aren't you?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
A website.. read the spec on the syllabus, that's the BEST way you'll find out anything about a course. Post up any questions about the syllabus you find there, 'cause then we can answer more specific questions not just 'so.. what is it?'

If you're doing a website then you have to realise the differences between a website and, say, a short story. Know the power of the medium and WHY it is effective and WHY you want to send it to your audience via this medium. Don't just assume that "everybody online" will read it - remember young people use the 'net more than old(er) people, for instance.

Don't worry about the technical side of things UNTIL YOU HAVE AN IDEA. I spent a lot of time on making it look pretty and didn't really have the content that I wanted to have. You have 40 screens which doesn't sound like much but you can use them very, very effectively (mine was less than 40, but mass information wasn't the point of mine - rather, the opposite).

You're at St George? Good school, I loved it there :D Talk to the teachers about english ext 2 but don't feel obliged to put their ideas into practice.. they start hating you but you feel much, much more satisfied with your final work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)