Extension 1 English Predictions (1 Viewer)

HSC
for literary worlds they haven't had a creative component since 2019, so that's a possibility, but at the same time i feel like it'll just be another 25 mark critical purely because of all the anticipation for a creative.

for mindscapes (and probably the other electives) they could ask something about the way form is used distinctly in texts to convey a theme or idea, or the relationship between something that composers do and how it affects the way we perceive the world. but this is all speculation

MJRey

HSC
What elective do you study? Mine is mindscapes
Worlds of upheaval. There could be some kind of question about worlds forcing us to consider deeper aspects of our personality or something, but it's all speculation. For literary worlds, maybe they could get us to do a 25 mark creative based on a huge stimulus.

may22

HSC
Really hoping we don't get a 25 marker critical 😫
A 10/15 split with a critical and creative would be nice. Hope they don't chuck a Mod C and throw in a new type of question lol

Worlds of upheaval. There could be some kind of question about worlds forcing us to consider deeper aspects of our personality or something, but it's all speculation. For literary worlds, maybe they could get us to do a 25 mark creative based on a huge stimulus.
I do WoU as well. There's literally so much they could ask. Maybe something about how individual actions can culminate in social upheaval? Or something about socio-political upheaval

Which texts are you doing?

cyniczny

HSC
Really hoping we don't get a 25 marker critical 😫
A 10/15 split with a critical and creative would be nice. Hope they don't chuck a Mod C and throw in a new type of question lol
i'd really love a 10/15 split (with a critical) too! did well in the 25 mark critical in our trials, so wouldn't mind that. i'd kinda hate a 25 mark creative or anything with a reflection, i don't think i have enough on-the-spot creativity to stretch a small idea out for that long.

in terms of electives we do homelands, i don't think there's really that much scope for that in terms of questions (may eat my words later) so i might just memorise my essay and hope they continue the trend of only asking for one related.

may22

HSC
i'd really love a 10/15 split (with a critical) too! did well in the 25 mark critical in our trials, so wouldn't mind that. i'd kinda hate a 25 mark creative or anything with a reflection, i don't think i have enough on-the-spot creativity to stretch a small idea out for that long.

in terms of electives we do homelands, i don't think there's really that much scope for that in terms of questions (may eat my words later) so i might just memorise my essay and hope they continue the trend of only asking for one related.
yeah really hoping for only one related. if they ask for two, my essay structure is out the window

MJRey

HSC
I do WoU as well. There's literally so much they could ask. Maybe something about how individual actions can culminate in social upheaval? Or something about socio-political upheaval

Which texts are you doing?
Yeah, there's so much variety. My texts are Frankenstein, Waiting for Godot and Heaney's poetry (although I don't want to write about WFG). How about you?

may22

HSC
Yeah, there's so much variety. My texts are Frankenstein, Waiting for Godot and Heaney's poetry (although I don't want to write about WFG). How about you?
Frankenstein, Metropolis, and North and South. Loved them all but only using the first two

MJRey

HSC
here again to say i might actually implode if they ask for two relateds, i should not have left memorising my essay skeleton this late
I have one up my sleeve, although I'm praying that they don't ask for it. Having said that, we might get scaled up if they do because it'll be the first time they would ever have done it.

whatdoiputhere

HSC
What I've heard is in the off chance they ask for 2 related, you can appropriate an Advanced text and pretend you actually love King Henry IV (impossible)

cyniczny

HSC
I have one up my sleeve, although I'm praying that they don't ask for it. Having said that, we might get scaled up if they do because it'll be the first time they would ever have done it.
yeah same our school made us do two relateds for our assessment so i have vague knowledge of another, but i would not be able to confidently recall much of my paragraph lmao

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anybody have/remember the exact question for literary worlds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)