Extension 2 Help (1 Viewer)

ColdMint123

HSC
Ive finished the extension 2 course and started doing past papers. I was having a few issues and i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice

1) Timing: Initially i thought 3hrs was a long time and i could finish the test and have time to check my work. Totally wrong. How do you manage your time for such a hard exam? How much time should i be leaving to do the question 15s and the 16s?

2) Speaking of question 15s and 16s, I've pretty much been not doing question 16 in the past papers I've done so far due to either them being just too hard or not having enough time. How do i get better at doing these hard questions? I know the content well but these questions are really tough especially under exam condition, how do you handle them?

idkkdi

HSC
Ive finished the extension 2 course and started doing past papers. I was having a few issues and i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice

1) Timing: Initially i thought 3hrs was a long time and i could finish the test and have time to check my work. Totally wrong. How do you manage your time for such a hard exam? How much time should i be leaving to do the question 15s and the 16s?

2) Speaking of question 15s and 16s, I've pretty much been not doing question 16 in the past papers I've done so far due to either them being just too hard or not having enough time. How do i get better at doing these hard questions? I know the content well but these questions are really tough especially under exam condition, how do you handle them?
if ur a beast, u should have like an hour for q16 lol.

how do you get better?
Do q15s and q16s lol. don't go exam conditions on an exam if it means not actually trying everything in the paper properly lol.

username_2

HSC

Yes, I think leaving one hour for q16 is possible and is a good strategy. Clean up the basics so much that you donot need a formula sheet and a calculator (atleast as much as you can - sometimes you need to evaluate trig stuff and you will need a calculator)/ It might seem weird and unimportant but this was the biggest tip that helped me in my HSC - Write out all the steps NEATLY in an order. This will help you account for mistakes much quicker and you donot really need to double check as you have written everything in a logical sequence that you know for sure is true.

For q15 and 16, I say the best strategy is 1) try all selective school tests (every question except MCQ - u can skip them if you like) and 2) i think if you are destroying these papers, it is best to try NGO paper, and then the bos paper - which are the hardest it can ever get. But once you get a good enough mark on ngo and get atleast a few questions right on the bos paper, then there is no worries - you will do fine. All the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)