EXTRA ATAR Points (1 Viewer)

ultimatecricker

HSC
Are there any ways to get bonus ATAR points? The careers advisor at my school said Duke of Ed but personally I'm not that interested in it.

Post your suggestions :)

SunnyScience

HSC
1. Become very sick?
2. Have home/family/personal issues/
3. Become clinically depressed etc.
4. Go to your local university (UWS gives 3 (?) bonus points for in-area applications)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Are there any ways to get bonus ATAR points? The careers advisor at my school said Duke of Ed but personally I'm not that interested in it.

Post your suggestions :)
i am pretty sure that you can't get bonus points for doing duke of ed, that is what we got told :S

ellie95

HSC
N/A
1. Become very sick?
2. Have home/family/personal issues/
3. Become clinically depressed etc.
4. Go to your local university (UWS gives 3 (?) bonus points for in-area applications)
my grandpa is very sick this year and my mum had to quickly go overseas and he is dying, if that does happen (hopefully not) but will i get bonus points then ??????

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
my grandpa is very sick this year and my mum had to quickly go overseas and he is dying, if that does happen (hopefully not) but will i get bonus points then ??????
Most likely no.

Getting Band 6 in some subjects can give you extra ATAR when applying for certain degree programs.

madharris

HSC
N/A
what Ozko said,
Depending what course you're doing in uni, you will get a certain number of bonus points for doing well in that subject

e.g. say you're doing advanced science somewhere....
If you get a band 6 in chem and 5 in physics that will give you 5 bonus points (3 for chem, 2 for physics).
But different uni's are all different, some will give bonus points and some don't

Gigacube

HSC
UNSW offers bonus points in their Elite Athletes and Performers Program. Take a look at this table to find out how many bonus points you can gain based on your achievements. It doesn't automatically get added, you have to apply to get this bonus points.

ncoul

HSC
School captain receives an extra 2 points i believe.

Gigacube

HSC
School captain receives an extra 2 points i believe.
If you look at the table I have posted it says that the School Captain receives 1 bonus point at UNSW. What uni are you referring to?

ncoul

HSC
I thought captain automatically receives 2 points, not bonus points through different universities. I could be wrong though

Gigacube

HSC
I thought captain automatically receives 2 points, not bonus points through different universities. I could be wrong though
I don't think it would be automatically. How would each uni know who the school captains were unless they were told by the school or the student? By bonus points I was referring to the bonus points you can receive from the UNSW Elite Athletes and Performers Program.

ncoul

HSC
I thought it was just added to one's ATAR, was told by my Society and Culture teacher who was school captain and got into USyd Law from the extra 2 points.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I thought it was just added to one's ATAR, was told by my Society and Culture teacher who was school captain and got into USyd Law from the extra 2 points.
Um......I could be wrong, but I thought the only way to get into USyd law without the cutoff was due to EAS, none of this school captain bullshit. :p

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
In the old days you could just pay moolah to get into any course.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Nobody automatically receives bonus points for anything.
ALL special considerations go through individual universities whether it be EAS, subject bonus points, elite performers etc.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Nobody automatically receives bonus points for anything.
ALL special considerations go through individual universities whether it be EAS, subject bonus points, elite performers etc.
I'm not 100% sure but I thought uSyd gave bonus points without applying if they have space and you achieved high enough in a certain subject

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I know HSC Plus at UNSW doesn't require for you to apply

but yeah, generally most cases, you will have to

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Easiest way to get bonus points: Any sort of HSC plus program which rewards you for high performance in an HSC subject, which is what one should be aiming for in the first place

Magical Kebab

HSC
If u represent Australia in a sport, ur school captain and if u get Dux I believe. U can apply for disadvantage points, my cousin did and recieved 8 ATAR points.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not 100% sure but I thought uSyd gave bonus points without applying if they have space and you achieved high enough in a certain subject
We don't give bonus points but we do have a flexible entry scheme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)