Extremist group 'planned to run Australia' (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Sparcod said:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21743681-1702,00.html

"RIGHT-wing Australian Nationalist Movement (ANM) chief Jack van Tongeren wanted to take over Australia, expel foreigners and set up his capital in Alice Springs, a Perth court heard today."
Mmm, sanity.

Apparently he also wanted to abolish taxation. Fine sentiment, but it might get a bit difficult to govern without money.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
Mmm, sanity.

Apparently he also wanted to abolish taxation. Fine sentiment, but it might get a bit difficult to govern without money.
Most governments did pretty well without income tax receipts, the US for example, and thereafter had a 1% tax rate for a very long time. Most of the Western world is beginning to learn something we should've noted back in the 1800's, less taxes = less government = better living

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
"Jack van Tongeren"

hmmmm names sounds a little foriegn to me.

spiny norman

HSC
bshoc said:
Most of the Western world is beginning to learn something we should've noted back in the 1800's, less taxes = less government = better living
Yes, I too wish for the grand old days with the great standard of living the 1800s offered us.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
spiny norman said:
Yes, I too wish for the grand old days with the great standard of living the 1800s offered us.
Technological progress is a different economic phenomenon to taxation, needless to say people of any era including the 1800's would be better off under a 1% tax rate than a 45% tax rate ..

Government can do the same things private enterprise, yes, but far more inefficiently ..

HSC
N/A
article said:
"Jack wanted all the foreigners sent home, he wanted to be the leader of Australia."
Does that mean he was even going to send himself home? "van Tongeren" doesn't sound like an aboriginal name :p

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
He's part Indonesian and a white supremacist lol

I'd stab him in the face :D
One of the leaders of the far-right Australia First party is part Arab.

HSC
N/A
Things like that just make my head hurt. It's as if they have the power to dissolve half their family tree at will. Stupid, stupid people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)