Eye diagrams (Need clarification) (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Basically I still don't know where the cornea and the conjuctiva is located, I know they are both at the front part of the eye, however I don't know which "layer" is which. For example the first two pictures are from a HSC question and the answer for the question respectively. But the third photo shows a different location for the cornea. Which one is right?

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The cornea in both pic 1 and pic 3 seem to be in the same location?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
The cornea in both pic 1 and pic 3 seem to be in the same location?
In the first picture the cornea is the outermost layer, in the third picture the arrow goes further in and isn't on the outermost layer like the first picture.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
In the first picture the cornea is the outermost layer, in the third picture the arrow goes further in and isn't on the outermost layer like the first picture.
Well most diagrams are like the first picture, but you could potentially need to label the cornea similar to the third picture.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Well most diagrams are like the first picture, but you could potentially need to label the cornea similar to the third picture.
But if I was in the HSC exam doing the first question, I could have put conjuctiva because I wouldn't know if it was cornea or conjuctiva. So I still don't know which diagram is correct.

Flop21

HSC
Cornea is on the outside/front of the eye, it's the curved bit right in the middle front. It's curved to increase refractive power.

The conjunctiva is the mucus layer of the eye, it keeps the eyeball moist. So looking in the mirror, it's the white part of your eye (or at least a part of it). So on a diagram it'll be the outermost part of the front of the eye. The cornea will be a layer below.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Cornea is on the outside/front of the eye, it's the curved bit right in the middle front. It's curved to increase refractive power.

The conjunctiva is the mucus layer of the eye, it keeps the eyeball moist. So looking in the mirror, it's the white part of your eye (or at least a part of it). So on a diagram it'll be the outermost part of the front of the eye. The cornea will be a layer below.
So basically the diagram for the first picture (a past HSC question) is wrong?

Flop21

HSC
So basically the diagram for the first picture (a past HSC question) is wrong?
Ummm, well I'm not sure. I think the cornea will always be right in the front-middle of the eye, on the curved bit (because it has to be curved for refractive power).

Conjunctiva is usually pointed above or below the cornea, i.e. not right in the front-middle.

So I suppose it's 'wrong', but maybe it's just a limitation of not having a detailed diagram. So just keep in mind the very front rounded bit is always cornea, outer outer mucus layer is the conjunctiva (which is usually more vertically above the cornea on the diagram).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)