Fail store is fail. (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I bought a laptop (Medion-1.97GHzDualCore, 3GBRAM, 9300m G) about half a year ago from a independent business and made sure the warranty was gonna cover everything.

About a month ago my laptop fried its GPU, around the same time Pman brought the awesomness of f.lux to our attention (and it worked when it had the GPU running).Symptoms were random stuttering, flashes and colour distortion. Eventually it just crashed the whole lappy and when turned back on the screen was squished into half of the monitor and looked like when you messd with dials on a old school TV and the screen rolls downwards or upwards, but mine was frozen halfway.

Well i sent it back for repairs.

It took them three weeks because they had to order the part three times because it kept dying. After the fourth week they said it was fixed, i went down, they said come back in two days due to "stress testing". Came back and it worked fine for 2 days.

Last friday the screen begun to flicker whilst playing ME. I thought it was the game so i changed to MW2, dropped the graphics to the bare minimum, as i always do for some reason, and it kept doing it, then it froze up with colour distortion.

I took my laptop back to the store and showed them what was happening, as no technicician was in, the bloke working took notes of what was happening and said come back on wednesday. So i did, with my mother and her boyfriend and, to say the least, my mother tore them an new asshole.

The store kept saying it was overheating, cant blame them, the laptop's heat vent was the size of a wiggly gum stick, but it should not crash the system, only shut it down. They then gave me a free laptop fan to satiate my mothers growing anger with the notebook store and we left, my mothers BF telling me to give it a one over when i get back home.

Well yesterday it was showing signs of stuttering, but i mistook it for lag as i was looking through the scope on MW2. Just as i was about to HS someone the screen flickered, distorted the colour and well and trully fucked itself with a stick. Then the wierd "full screen on a half screen whilst making you look at a doppleganger of your previous doom".

Taking it back on tuesday and seeing what new chunks will be ripped by my mother.

Anyoner face any similar fuck ups with PCs and computers stores.

*waits for Dell HP war.

HSC
Uni Grad
Friend cracked the screen to base connection part (wear and tear appaz but im kinda skeptical tbh)
Also a gig of ram came loose and there was a problem with its fan.

He took it back to david jones where he purchased it, they said they'd send it off, rang back 2 weeks later and they still hadn't sent it off.

Finally they sent it to Asus who did fuck knows what for about a month (he was calling all through this period). Then they said wait another few weeks for a part or get a replacement laptop.

Needless to say he took the replacement and it was much better than his original one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)