• We need YOUR help for the next generation of students! Upload your notes and exams on our Notes & Resources page!

Failed 5/6 trials all hope gone? 70+ atar! (1 Viewer)

EG16

HSC
So i studied for none of my trials, all motivation was lost and gave up.... If I ace hsc 80-90 which I'm sure I can get as I was getting these marks prior to giving up a week before trials. Will I have a chance of getting an atar of 70%. I've been hearing that its all about rank and not marks for internal. My school ranks is 250 ish Cohort of 70 ish students.
IPT: 80% Rank 7/20
Engineering: 30% 10/13
Physics: 33% 10/15
English: 35% 18/21
Maths: 43% 14/20
Chemistry: 22% 10/20

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
Highly unlikely. Even if it was possible, you would need marks around the range of 95's for your subjects.

Make sure to set realistic goals, and don't just give up. Remember to keep working as hard as you can.

helllo

HSC
Don't worry the exact same thing happened to me, I'm not looking forward to getting my marks back. But we should be alright cause trials are only 30% of your internal mark which is only 15% of your ATAR. So don't stress

EG16

HSC
Don't worry the exact same thing happened to me, I'm not looking forward to getting my marks back. But we should be alright cause trials are only 30% of your internal mark which is only 15% of your ATAR. So don't stress
Gave up and lost motivation weeks before trials stupid off me but I can't be bothered anymore. :D Also, some of my trials were weighted as little as 25%. Only English chem and physics were 30% rest 25%

EG16

HSC
Highly unlikely. Even if it was possible, you would need marks around the range of 95's for your subjects.

Make sure to set realistic goals, and don't just give up. Remember to keep working as hard as you can.
How about my previous assessments, I was averaging 80+ for everything but physics and maths advanced. I was averaging 65 for maths and 77 for physics. And i can let go off 2 units.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
How about my previous assessments, I was averaging 80+ for everything but physics and maths advanced. I was averaging 65 for maths and 77 for physics. And i can let go off 2 units.
It really depends what type of assignments, if they are exams then yeah you can sort of say you had an off trials period but If its like hand in assignments or practical exams it is hard to make a comparison because in assignments you can take them home and have access to all resources while doing it and practical tests aren't like what the HSC exam is like. What I would mainly do though in your situation just try to not think about what mark will I get or wont and just put in 110% effort for the remaining two months studying by doing papers and such and hope for the best

EG16

HSC
It really depends what type of assignments, if they are exams then yeah you can sort of say you had an off trials period but If its like hand in assignments or practical exams it is hard to make a comparison because in assignments you can take them home and have access to all resources while doing it and practical tests aren't like what the HSC exam is like. What I would mainly do though in your situation just try to not think about what mark will I get or wont and just put in 110% effort for the remaining two months studying by doing papers and such and hope for the best
I’ve got the potential if I try, but I want a better understanding on how bad the low mark is for my overall atar.

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay yeah since you were averaging that much it could be possible, however like you mentioned your going to need at least a 90 ext for your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)