Failure to indicate? (1 Viewer)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I am having a MAJOR FREAK OUT because I just realised I didn't indicate which elective I was doing in the creative writing section.

I do genre and my story can't be anything but Speculative Fiction, but will this count against me?

Can't. Breathe.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
rofl, hopefully not. I just wrote Elective 3: Speculative fiction on the front. They won't hold it against u other than get a lil shitty that ur wasting their time. It's convenient for them all to be neatly labelled, nothing more than a convenience :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
yeh its a mere technicality, you should be more concerned about not having a title for your creative text.

Valeroso

HSC
Meads said:
yeh its a mere technicality, you should be more concerned about not having a title for your creative text.
Oh my God, we needed a title for our creative? Haha. But I've never done a title in the past, and that never worked against me?

gothicretaliate

Meee Too!!!

I just woke up in a cold sweat after just realising that i forgot to indicate which elective i was doing in genre! (i'm doing speculative fiction too)

Are you guys positive its only a technicality? you know, there were pretty blatant when the question said "you must indicate"!!! I'm so stressed out right now... can someone please calm me down?

HELP!!!

AHHHH!!!

gothicretaliate

snickerdoodle said:
I am having a MAJOR FREAK OUT because I just realised I didn't indicate which elective I was doing in the creative writing section.

I do genre and my story can't be anything but Speculative Fiction, but will this count against me?

Can't. Breathe.
I'm one too. Do you think theres more people out there that didn't indicate?
its 5.11 am and i'm freaking out too. And am too afraid to actually ask my english teacher coz she'll only try to make me feel worse.

amy rose

good news

hey u guys,
u all need to calm down....breathe in and out....in and out...in and out....ok you should be more relaxed now.
do not stress out about this. there are two reasons:

1. they will be able to tell which elective u studied because your stories will be very easy to differentiate from the other ones.

and/or

2. The other people are right, its a technicality to save their time.....itll waste an extra 2 minutes for them and they may imagine u as a voodoo doll for another 1 minute....but then they will completely forget about it as it is nothing to do with ure mark and will not matter i promise!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
gothicretaliate said:
I'm one too. Do you think theres more people out there that didn't indicate?
its 5.11 am and i'm freaking out too. And am too afraid to actually ask my english teacher coz she'll only try to make me feel worse.
well, I didn't indicate on the front-cover of the writing booklet, but I did write 'postmodernism' at the top of the first page. I didn't have a title either, but I figure I'm subverting conventions.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I know of at least one other girl in my class that didn't indicate either.

I figure, considering your booklets come from the same centre and we all did the same essay question...you must do the same elective in both parts so it'll be pretty obvious won't it?

Or they'll have to read through it first and hate us all for a while lol.

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I think I'll whine to my English teacher as well.

hysteria

HSC
oh crap - i don't think i indicated my elective either - oh great...my story was bad enough...

kiteblood

HSC
I almost forgot to indicate. Luckily I remembered halfway through writing and squished 'crime fiction' at the top (though the detective/ interrogation scenario may have been a tip off). Creative writing doesn't need a title, that's ridiculous. If they wanted one, they'd ask the same way they ask you to indicate your module.

I wrote the wrong date on the front of my paper. Should I be having night sweats?

Last edited:

scoby_2000

HSC
What are you guys talking about?!?!

your imaginatives are suppose to reflect what you have learnt in your unit!

thus...if u hav written a good imaginative it should be obvious to the reader/marker which elective you did...

or am i wrong in saying this?

chalkie

HSC
Yeah....

Mad..... i just forget as well. I really suck at this HSC thing.

radhika87

Pro
HSC
i forgot to indicate my module and i dont have a title on my narrative and my narrative is so fucking crap that im not even sure they'll be avble to distinguish wat shit im going on about and wat coneventions im subverting
shit...shit...shit
whoa, calm down!!

scoby_2000

HSC
guys your wondering about silly things

i doubt whether the defining thing between a band 5 or 6 will be whether u had a title...

mine was a letter so i guess my title was Dear Annie.

:D

tabularasa

HSC
I did revenge tragedy and i forgot to indicate i think it would be kinda obvious.
Spec fic peopel it would be pretty easy to figure it out i mean if there isn;t a crime your investigation and if there isn;t revenge than its spec fic. pretty simple.

Ice man

HSC
lol i wrote the wrong date on tuesday, then on wednesday i added a day to it for that date, so that was wrong to ughh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)