fake tan (1 Viewer)

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
as summer is approaching what is the best fake tan method? the most realistic one and easy to apply... i hate when you turn out orange and half of it on your pamls.
any preferences?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Tulipa said:
St. Tropez is the best full on fake tan but theres this new J&J Holiday Skin thats a moisturiser and tanner that gradually builds a tan.
hell yes! i have taught you well my pretties...

yeah, Johnson and Johnson Holiday Skin. $6 nice brown colour. buildable with a nice moisturiser.

St Tropez fake tan mousse $40 nice brown colour, darker application. lasts a while and fades naturally.

both reek.

take ur pick.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
or you could just do it the natural way for free. melanoma here i come

alby

cool duckie
HSC
has anyone tried garnier ambre solare express bronzer (spray)? i asked mum to get the J&J one, but they didnt have any so she got this instead. anyone know how good it is?

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
that j&j stuff is the best stuff around! no joke! its great! coz its so gradual it wont show any major mistakes n doesnt go orange!!! BEST EVER! and, the smell isnt THAT bad... gets stronger the more times u put it on. highly recommended for the price and easy application!

bex

HSC
i quite like the nutrogena mousse.. but i have a secret for you all!
the best application method is to WEAR RUBBER GLOVES not washing up gloves.. the surgical type... and then use the side of your hand as a spatula to apply it in even strokes... i dont know about the st tropez one but the nutrogena one is tinted so you can see exactly where its going..

for a quick fix (for nighttime only cause it looks orange in daylight..) try ModelCo airbrush bronzer in a can.. it has a shimmer property in it and just washes off in the shower.. and it smells really yummy too!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
That J&J stuff is shit. One application and it streaked. I got in so much trouble off the girls working in the salon for even daring to try something so crappy that they're giving me a spray on tan so I stop using cheap and nasty crap. That or I'll just go sit in the sun. Which is my preference but with the weather being so crap I can't. Which is the better of 2 evils, UV or chemicals?

SiReN

HSC
hmmm last year i used the nivea tanning lotion, the results werent that crash hot but i dont really trust any fake tan. im too scared to take the risk of being orange, blotchy or streaked, so i was thinking this year maybe ill hit the solarium its just as bad as UV rays but wortha try!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I like J&J... I'm really pale, so it's gentle enough for me (actually maybe a little too gentle...)... I don't want to come out looking like toast. The good part is that yoiur body gets moisturised at the same time, and now my skin is very soft

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
llamalope said:
solariums are SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE SUN!
agreed. its better actually to just put 15+ sunscreen on and bake in the sun abit getting a gradual tan than going to a solarium and getting a whole lot of UV pumped into you at once. 20 mins in a tanning bed is like a whole day at the beach i think.

KYKYJ

HSC
i lve being half african. . colour is just natural. . lol thats slack. . esp. in winter! "WE black ppl are tropical people we aren't made for the cold. . ." ~i love cool runnings

bex

HSC
i seriously dont understand why some of you are still going to lie in the sun and tan when there are so many good safe products around... :rolleyes:

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
bex said:
i seriously dont understand why some of you are still going to lie in the sun and tan when there are so many good safe products around... :rolleyes:
"Safe" products. Do you think putting chemicals all over your skin is REALLY that safe? It's basically a, which is the better of 2 evils. Going in the sun and maybe getting cancer, or getting covered in carcinogenic chemicals, because you know, everything is carnicogenic, and maybe getting cancer from that.

Moving on, I just got my SunFX spray tan. It's fantastical. Turned out great and even and quite natural looking.

HSC
N/A
Failing the J&J stuff (which I tried to find today, but it's sold out like, everywhere!) I've heard St Tropez is really good.

I like the gradual tanning idea though, so I made my own tanning moisturiser. People on the vogue forums recommend Face of Australia as a cheap but effective product, so I used that and some random moisturiser in priceline (3 parts moisturiser, 1 part tanner). The tan was a foam, but I put it in anyway and mixed it really well... provided it works, all will be well! :D

EDIT: I'd rather get my tan out of a bottle... most studies show that it's safer than being in the sun :) Although like most things, I guess moderation is the key? *has no idea*

SiReN

HSC
*Just about everything in this world is bad for our bods, Dont smoke, Dont drink & dont take drugs, dont eat high in fat foods but mehh we all do it anyway!
like glitterfairy said take everything in MODERATION! :)

I know the bottle may be safer than the sunbed, but i think it would fine to go a few times my aunty goes everyweek she has been going most her life-she is still very much alive!

* generally speaking

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)