Family Law Essay (1 Viewer)

goobi

HSC
If an essay question goes like this: "Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal and non-legal responses to contemporary issues relating to family law," I wonder if it is necessary to talk about ALL of the four issues i.e. recognition of same-sex relationships, parental responsibility, surrogacy and birth technologies, care and protection of children. Or can I just discuss three of them IN DEPTH in my essay?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

findx

HSC
Both way works. I would do 2-3 in depth though

ShayK

HSC
I was doing some past papers and I saw a similar question to that. My Legal Studies teacher said that’s it’s actually the quality that matters and not the quantity.
Since it is asking about the effectiveness (which includes resource efficiency, enforceability, accessibility, protection of individual rights, meeting the public’s needs and has justice been achieved?), talk about two of the issues in depth, evaluating two legal and non-legal responses for each issue.
Hope that helped :)

iamorbid

HSC
I was doing some past papers and I saw a similar question to that. My Legal Studies teacher said that’s it’s actually the quality that matters and not the quantity.
Since it is asking about the effectiveness (which includes resource efficiency, enforceability, accessibility, protection of individual rights, meeting the public’s needs and has justice been achieved?), talk about two of the issues in depth, evaluating two legal and non-legal responses for each issue.
Hope that helped :)
which section is this from? Or your teacher's notes?

sassythesasquatch

HSC
does anyone have an essay or scaffold in response to this question:

Evaluate the effectiveness of legal and non-legal responses relating to the care and protection of children.

not sure where/ how to begin .

thanks, sassy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)