Farm product report - wool (1 Viewer)

katey6575

HSC
hey
i need a lill help with my ag assess about raw products on the farm. I'm doing wool and i'm wondering if anyone could help me with some questions pls....

1. I need a flow chart from farm gate to end consumer but cannot find one on the net or in any text book...

2. Marketing strengths and weaknesses strategies used for wool?

Thanks!

Deadhead

HSC
N/A
OK, here is a rough flow chart to give you an idea, you can add to it as you see fit-

Shearing (with a side arrow showing shearers wages and any other outputs)---> Transport (fuel, wages etc)---> Warehouse/Wholesaler---> Sale (by auction usually, if there is a contract then you can pretty much skip most of this) to a manufacturer or wool buyer---> Cleaned to remove lanolin (used in other products), VM, skin etc (usually this is done in China due to cheap labour costs, sometimes even with product for the domestic market (yes the stupid bastards send greasy wool to China and buy it back clean- go figure)---> May be sold on again to a clothing manufacturer---> Spun---> Weaved/Knitted/whatever---> Manufactured to clothing---> the usual procedures to sell clothing, I'm sure you can find that on the net, I'm not too sure on it myself I just know about growing the stuff.

2) Marketing weakneses- need I say more than MULESING. Mass hysteria caused by poor public relations on behalf of the wool growers and fantastic PR on behalf of the fuckwits... cough... sorry, the animal liberationists

Strengths? Well there are a number of strengths that are way under utilised in wool marketing, there is the clean, green image of wool Vs synthetics and cotton, the many favourable properties of woolen garments, the Better choices scheme etc etc.

That should get you started anyway, good luck and just give us a yell if you need help

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
They send it to China because the Chinese work for like, 40c a day and we work for $40 an hour :(

(Used to work for a wool brokering firm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)