Fast food joints in Hospitals (1 Viewer)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
On page 39 of the Sun Herald (28-11-04) there is an article about how starbucks and Subway have restaurants that inside the hospital that have replaced traditional cafeterias.
And apparently McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc are trying to gain there way into other hospitals.

Anyone else reckon this ain't right? Anyone else think Fast food doesn't belong in hospitals?

lengstar

HSC
Does anyone else care? Cause fuck the hospital food REALLY SUCKS!

lengstar

HSC
Civil responsibility? That's going to be thrown out the window once they get privatised UNLESS its economical.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Maybe they should be allowed in hospitals ... because i remember when my friend was in the mental hospital at westmead there was a starbucks at the childrens hospital and she would often walk there to get a coffee. Most people in hospital don't want to be in hospital and might view the fast food joints as some sort of normality.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I don't think subway is exactly as bad as most fast food :p pizza hut and mcdonalds yes, I can see how thats problematic, but subway? meh

lengstar

HSC
Starbucks and Subway should not be a problem.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
with pizza hut and maccas, if the person eating it suddenly has a heart attack from the amount of cholestrol they ate, atleast they wouldn't have to travel that far :cool:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
My mother is a RN and has this to say about the fast food places in Hospitals: "About time. The ladies in the cafeterias are really nice, but they don't have a fucking clue on making sandwiches."

scruffy012

HSC
well ive ot an opposing viewpoint, if the cafetria goes, how on earth are the 'pink-ladies' you know the ones who give the food, and talk to the patients, and give tvs etc, going to raise money for research, and other things he money is donated into, most of he pinkladies are volunteers, who do it for satifaction, or are part of something like the salvos, i volunteered to be a pink ladie, for my bronze duke of edinborough award, and unless u see the other side of the equation like i have u wont understand the damage that the privitisation of the resteraunts can cause for these charities who work in the hospitals.

thats all

scruffy

(p.s. i know that hospital food is often bland, but when your in hospital you generally dont care what you get, well i didnt.........) nad if theres letters missing my letter 't' on my keyboard is screwed :p

scruffy

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ewwww.......whos got the stomach to eat in a hospital anyway??? except for doctors id say.....whilst visting a friend in hospital on friday i saw a dead chik......havent been able to eat since......:(

lengstar

HSC
read the post scruffy. THEY ARE NOT REPLACING HOSPITAL FOOD JUST THE CAFETERIA FOOD! MFG.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i love hospital food
i wud always go to the cafeteria and get stuff
makkas and pizza shudnt be there
thats what puts ppl in hospital to begin with
subway is ok its just sandwiches
starbux is just cofee and cake
no biggy
but i like hospital cafateria food..

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
When I was in hospital for an extended time I could not bare to eat the hospital food, so my parents would buy me fast food to eat. I realise this is replacing the canteen, and not the food being served itself, but it would make buying substutions for hospital meals far easier on patients and their family/friends.

I liken this to airline food. You are stuck with there crumy food on the plane, but you can buy something nice from the airport beforehand :D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
believe it or not fast food is one of the best foods for patients with cystic fibrosis because of its high salt and fat content.

I remember seeing a starbucks at westmead hospital but that was it. that was a bit over a year ago i think. i dont think it matters whether they are at hospitals. its not like hospital food is healthy anyways. subway is alot healthier. but i dont think patients get to eat this food much anyways while there in the hospital.

Skeeta

HSC
lukebennett said:
believe it or not fast food is one of the best foods for patients with cystic fibrosis because of its high salt and fat content.
Are you serious? A friend of mine has CF and the dieticians always going crankypants on coz he complains he gets crap food.. and it is!! just plain stuff like fish and rice and i dunno wot else lol

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Skeeta said:
Are you serious? A friend of mine has CF and the dieticians always going crankypants on coz he complains he gets crap food.. and it is!! just plain stuff like fish and rice and i dunno wot else lol
my cousin had cf but she died when she was 5. her condition may have been bad enough that eating heaps of salt and fat was needed. CF can make fat and salt absorption very difficult so if its bad enough they can eat like that

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i see the problem, but at the same time i don't see the problem. these joints can be cheaper and better because you know what you're getting to eat. they should be looked after well because the belong to big companies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)