fav game, memory,moment...WHATEVER!!! come on guys...cheer up!! (1 Viewer)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
eeeevery-body, everybody in the whole wide world singing.. ooohhh la lala lala...
great! either i caught your attention or you think that i suffer from serious mental problems... but then again.. seeing as this is the drama forum, i may seem just like every other "ordinary" drama student..
i just wanted to stop, relax...and think back to them "good ol' days".. dont get me wrong, i still love drama.I LOVE IT... but now theres this pressure... this feeling that if i dont try my hardest.. i'll not only dissapoint myself, but my teachers, my parents, hell, even taht little black ass dog across the street from me!
think back to your favourite moment...why are you here in this forum? i mean, if you do not love drama, you must have SOME reason for still taking the subject... think back to when you first started to feel that passion... you know, that feeling that started at your lips in the form of a smile... and then slowly spread across your cheeks, your nose, your whole face... it lit up your eyes.. it made you laugh, it made giggle... when was that first moment that you started to realise you had a passion for drama?.. it makes me smile just thinking about it... but you know what the funny thing is? i cant exactly pinpoint when it was... only that it grew gradually... i remember the plays i performed.. the many times i embarrassed the hell out of myself... the times i wanted to hide away and cry because of comments i heard... but the bad things dont matter anymore...
when you get stressed... when you feel like just chucking everything down and giving up.. remember that feeling you got.. that feeling that made you keep going on.. its still there you know... your just too overwhelmed to see it or feel it.
soo........ when did "your "revelation of passion" happen?......

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
"revelation of passion" it sounds biblical! :)

Well for me the passion started in year 9.. playbuilding.. the whole class put a play together (tag team) and i was the main character!!! AHHH! it was so the best!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
ahhh...... some of us wouldnt admit to it, but when havent we loved being the centre of attention?
i think mine was... in year...9? for a house drama competition. i had a crush on a guy in the year above me. you know, one of them good lookin all rounder type guys that everyone loved... well, playing a role alongside him where i had to pretend to give him CPR...ahhh..... you could imagine how much i wanted to laugh!...whooo hooo! haha...
but not only that.i overcame my fear of being in front of a crowd.. so i was proud of myself. i knew i could control what i was saying, and how i was saying it...:)cheers to lil' me!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
It was when I was 12, I was competing in the local eisteddfod, a monologue about 5 mins from James and the Giant Peach. I was wearing padding and a horrid frock thing. But when I was on stage I enjoyed it, the nerves just disintergrated. I was really intimidated by the other competitors because they had all been doing drama since the age of like, 4. And there I was, beating away on stage. I got first. I was wrapped. Then I found out I got 92%, I was thrilled.
The I got a trophy on the prize giving evening and $200. I was stoked, not to mention a rich 12 yr old.

Then, last year, I started teching in theatre, and I met the most wonderful people, and I learnt some amzing skills. And thats what I'm now concentrating on!

Best thing was, I met some great ppl last year and made some good friends...eh Turbulence?
lol
That was my...MOMENT!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Hm...I hate prac drama so this is hard for me to answer, BUT at the end of year 9 a few of my friends got together for an assessment and performed a send-up of Dawson's Creek. It was so hilarious. It got put on performance Night, and we had to perform it for assembly and all that. It seriously was the most funniest thing. It was called "Decent's Puddle", and surprise, I was Decent. There was also Peepee who was as thick as a door nail and a gorgeous little Andie who ended up being evil and killing Jo-Jo.

*sigh* Those were the days where I loved prac drama.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Believe it or not I'm actually REALLY, REALLY shy. If I'm with a group of friends who I'm comfortable with then I'm heaps loud and I have so much fun. BUT if I'm with people I'm not close to, then I kinda retreat to my hole.

I can't just get up in drama and improvise anything, I kinda hang to the back and hope we start doing the theory stuff. lol Plus at my school we do a lot of trust games and stuff, and I have troubles trusting these people. lol

So that has been the end of my "passion" to prac drama. I loathe it.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
oh!dont say that!... what you need is to "rekindle your passion!" hahha....
well, drama'a not all just acting and being a drama queen... we need those with brains behind the scenes too!

sez_04

HSC
My passion evolved when i was in year one...about 6/7 years of age at the time...we were puttin on a little play for our parents to the song "We are Australian".

I was the little horse person/farmer. i came out on stage so confident n so adrenalin filled with my cowboy hat n my fake horse...n the parents laughed at me!! i was crushed!! but i kept smiling and posed perfectly. i asked my mum a couple years ago why they laughed n she said sumthin bout me bein cute...u know a mum thing to say.

i havent stopped loving drama n its effect on ppl since that exact moment of my life...

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
awww...... now that is sweet!!! never listen to those who crush you!haha... i remember this time when we were doing an assessment on commedia, my friend had to act as arlecchino-this clown type character. well, he did it so well, and was so agile and jumpy... just the way arlecchino would have been played.. he was fantastic! the only "problem" was, that not only was heis performance great, right near the beginning of the play, he bent/squatted a little too low too fast... and well, i dont think school pants were made for that type of sudden. extreme movement... well his wasnt that was for sure!!! oh my..... i felt soo sorry for him.... he had no idea till he had finished performing and some lil year 9'ner-or was it 10'er? - told him!!!
he was so embarrassed and kept laughing, half making a crying face at the same time....
ahhh.. haha... it was soooo damn funny.

Cos

Lol! That's a funny story aLeeOh!! Commedia Masks rocked - we got such a kick out of that topic.

Well my passion for drama kicked off waayy back in the year 1997 when I was in year 5. I was all dressed up to do a Mr. Bean skit that my friend and I had devised ourselves. Everytime I see the kids that went to my prep school, they remember me as "Mr. Bean". I got the greatest sensation whilst performing that skit - listening to everybody laughing made me feel what I'd like to be doing with my life. So from then onwards I've been performing comedic roles and receiving the same feedback - Drama is one of my favourite subjects!

Last edited:

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
hahaha..
mr bean rules!!!!! my mum is like soo in love with that guy...
he reminds me of someone.... but i just cant quite put my finger on it...

Cos

Lol, as much as I'd hate to say it, there is somebody at my school (Cranbrook) that resembles Mr. Bean in every possible way - and yes, he is studying Drama as well! (fancy that)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
haha - mr bean, what a classic! haha... at my old school (knox - haha cos - school rivalry haha), we had a dude in a couple of years below me who "was" Kramer... He was Kramer ALL the time, like non-stop... even when talking 2 teachers and stuff... it's a bit of a classic, but he has it (including the whole flying through the door thing, AND the hair) all down to a perfect art... He too is studying drama... Funny how only some certain people can imitate the most eccentric beings...

Cos

(Hey, Knox is only our rivalry school in sports... even though Cranbrook suck at sport-related activites :p )
Hehe, now Kramer - he's somebody who hasn't been imitated for quite some time now!

... Ok, whoa... I'm having some deja vu issues here...

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
haha - true cos... cranbrook suck at pretty much everything :p haha... 'cept they were alright at basketball... some good players... i liked their team... i went 2 scots before knox, so always had some ties with crannie... *if you can't get an ascham girl, get a cranbrook boy* haha jk bro... :D Was your kramer comment sarcastic? What r ur deja vu issues? Crannie r good at drama - liked the '03 Onstage piece... Good laugh... Good to see a private school on the program! :D

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
forgot to mention cos that i love ur pic... Haha - we (my class and I) spent the entirety of every theory lesson finding ways to link Gary Coleman and Arnold Schwazzanager (?) into our plays... it's funny who often Gary Coleman can be used as an extra in Summer of the Seventeenth Doll - we always knew Pearl, Olive, Roo, Bubba, etc wanted a black midget servant... hahaha... I saw a classic picture of Gary Coleman the other day - im gonna go find it and post it for all to see, its classic! (its not this one, but this is funny: he's so small, even at this age - http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz..._400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Coleman, Gary)... And it's also funny how Arnold finds a place in The Touch of Silk.... Jim finds a place in his heart for a male bodybuilder as his lover... Ah, the days of Drama Theory! haha....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)