Favourite PC games (1 Viewer)

HSC
Al Qadims: The Genies Curse!

Its a Dungeons and Dragons game from 93-94?, though probably not the greatest game technically, it holds a lot of sentimental value...it was so kickarse as a 4 year old!

F.E.A.R's only ok IMO, i mean it's quite the treat at night with surround sound, and the engine is kickarse but after a couple of 'intervals' i found it got boring and one dimensional! It was lacking what it had the potential to be, things like AI cooperative would have been shit - should take a leaf out of halflifes book!

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I agree- Fable was pretty good, CS, TFT, CSS, UT2004 and Worms (really good game)

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
i'm the hardcore-est Lucas Arts adventure gamer - before the graphics revolution of the late 90s, Lucas Arts valued story over graphics for compelling and entertaining gameplay, so much that the games can still be enjoyed today regardless of their graphics!!! Ahhhhh, Manny Calavera, Guybrush Threepwood, Bobbin Threadbare, Indiana Jones... it brings a tear to the eye... thankfully I have all the games :D

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
btw i have a rare talkie version of LOOM!!! Its fricking brilliant!!!!!!

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Nick_R said:
btw i have a rare talkie version of LOOM!!! Its fricking brilliant!!!!!!
I have that too! Bobbin sounds so damn awesome. :D

Monkey Island is my favourite series by far. And LucasArts Adventure games are my favourite PC games. I miss LA adventures...We need a thread about 'em. :p I haven't played Grim Fandango though, I can't find a copy. :(

Eh, the only other PC games I play are The Sims, Puzzle Pirates and RO. My computer sucks too much to play any recently released games. :rofl:

Oh, this reminds me. Has anyone here played Telltale's Sam and Max games? I have Episode One. It's pretty good. :)

HSC
Cool, never knew there were other DotT and Sam & Max fans out there. (edited to add: well obviously there were other fans that existed, but none that I knew of :p)

How about TIM (The Incredible Machine)? Now that was awesome. Hard work, but good fun.

Last edited:

Evergreen

HSC
dota- addictive, fun (except for when ppl leave)
C&C and red alert- fun game
battlefield 1942 and 2- immersive battlefield, can fly planes, cool
starcraft- srsly the best game that was ever made. still 1 of the most popular games after 10yrs (~30000 on at any time) even though its dominated by pro-gamers (all korean ^_^). srsly this is like chess of PC games, all races are balanced and there strategy is so much deeper than any other game.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Sam and Max.

Funny, intelligent - Great game!

grue

HSC
I like the Sims 2 series as well. With all the user content (particularly the ones by the Coreans and the ones you get on MTS2) my game has became very photogenic. :D Sadly I need to buy a new system first before I can re-install everything to enjoy it at max settings.

Then there's the CRPGs/adventures and strategies.

- Baldur's Gate series
- Knights of the Old Republic I and II (despite what Obsidian did with the ending)
- Neverwinter Nights I and II (ditto)
- Age of Empire II
- Age of Mythology
- Warhammer 4k: Dawn of War
- Black and White

Probably many more but I can't remember them all ... I'm trying to find a copy of Planescape: Torment. :(

meomeo

HSC
I really liked a game called fable : D

< <;;; you know, I don't care if you haven't heaerd of it D: because you spend all your time playing grand theft AUTO! D<

: D I like GTA too.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
The only good thing about Fable is the ability to beat the shit out of someone if they ever gave you tongue. And warp your image because of it.

meomeo

HSC
D: I take it you never sacraficed anyone?

: D get a group and take them all to the temple!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
grue said:
Probably many more but I can't remember them all ... I'm trying to find a copy of Planescape: Torment. :(
Very much text based, good for a read. The combat is pretty dull. Apparantly Dan Castellanetta (voice of Homer) plays someone in the game but I've yet to find him.

Just gotten out of the Mortuary, and haven't the urge to play it since. :(

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Not sure if i've posted her, but Deus Ex is my favourite PC game. If only they made another one like it (i wouldnt say that Deus ex2 is on the same level). I've been meaning to play system shock 2 - apparently that is also an rpg-shooter kind of game.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Not sure if i've posted her, but Deus Ex is my favourite PC game. If only they made another one like it (i wouldnt say that Deus ex2 is on the same level). I've been meaning to play system shock 2 - apparently that is also an rpg-shooter kind of game.
System Shock 2 is bloody darn well brilliant! Scary, too. Shit, forgot all about it on my top 25 games list.

Deus Ex I played a bit on my old compy but the lag became so unbearable I haven't had a chance to play it :(

Taliesin

HSC
Dues Ex was a pretty good game, but eh :p

My all time fav games
Quest For Glory series (1 to uhh 4 or 5?) ~ old time classic
Red Alert 2
Kings Quest (This game was so stupid it was funny ~ adventure game) ~ yet another classic
F.E.A.R *drools*

and well yeah thats it... Dont play many games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)