Feeling about Content Assessed? (1 Viewer)

Triquetral

HSC
Not whinging about this at all, but was it just me or did that entire exam almost feel like it contained almost no content than we've previously seen? There seemed to be a lot of make up this, or extremely easy questions to bullshit if you didn't know your content well...but yeah was pretty surprised. Like no history questions as well except multiple choice I think which was slightly annoyed about because I purposely studied that cause it's a major component of the larger mark questions usually...

But yeah thoughts? Did you feel it covered many of the dotpoints at all or is Bio actually forcing people to think now? (THANK GOD, morons memorising shit and not understanding it annoy the shit out of me)

Venom.

HSC
Not whinging about this at all, but was it just me or did that entire exam almost feel like it contained almost no content than we've previously seen? There seemed to be a lot of make up this, or extremely easy questions to bullshit if you didn't know your content well...but yeah was pretty surprised. Like no history questions as well except multiple choice I think which was slightly annoyed about because I purposely studied that cause it's a major component of the larger mark questions usually...

But yeah thoughts? Did you feel it covered many of the dotpoints at all or is Bio actually forcing people to think now? (THANK GOD, morons memorising shit and not understanding it annoy the shit out of me)
Lol since when is Bio content hard to understand? The only possible strain that could be placed on a normal brain is the protein synthesis dot point, otherwise its all very straightforward.

But I see what you're getting at, they didn't really ask questions where you could just blab out what you memorised (ie a question on malaria), it actually required you to do a bit of application of knowledge, which is good, I guess.

Randomboy

HSC
I also noticed an absence of "significant biology people" questions, which i was rather annoyed at. Our school made a habit of nailing the people; Koch, Mendel, Sutton, Boveri, Morgan, Pasteur etc etc and there contributions to scientific thinking...

No draw a 'enzyme specific reaction' question, no transcription of AATGGCCA into its RNA equivalent, no "From a first hand investigation you have performed".

In fact, there wasnt alot of much in that exam which is annoying?? I feel this lack of accessing the "harder" topics would increase the band 6 cut off which will be annoying for the majority of the lower performing kids at my school.

Triquetral

HSC
Lol since when is Bio content hard to understand? The only possible strain that could be placed on a normal brain is the protein synthesis dot point, otherwise its all very straightforward.

But I see what you're getting at, they didn't really ask questions where you could just blab out what you memorised (ie a question on malaria), it actually required you to do a bit of application of knowledge, which is good, I guess.
I didn't actually say it was hard anywhere. Bio is hella easy to understand, only thing getting my brain going is Genetics Option cause it's so current at times scratching the surface off main ideas making it weird to understand, but there are heaps of people who go in and just memorise shit without even bothering to understand it really to blurt it back out...so yeah Happy it's not like that this year :)

4theHSC

HSC
I didn't really like the exam much as I didn't emphasise much on some of the questions, like stuff about koch and pasteur and B and T cells were not really tested,, inherited and other diseases were not either,, hated how it focused on the other stuff

kenshinx77

HSC
Overall was OK i thought but...

the option (i did human story) was very unfair in my opinion

imalda

HSC
i feel you people. i walked out of the exam feeling as though i just wasted a whole shitload of time studying for it. although the content was interesting. but still, there wasnt anything "indepth" to it.

i think the differentiating factor for this year's exam would probably be the multiple choice and the options. actually got me thinking a bit XD although it was a bit annoying going through the threads for them with people crying over not learning there crap. oh well.

Brontozaurus

HSC
The kidney structure question threw a lot of people at my school, because we'd concentrated on the nephron, rather than the kidney itself. So most people did a diagram of both the kidney and the nephron. I tried to do the kidney only. I probably mislabelled some parts, but I think the functions were largely correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)