file hosting on the web (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I want to host a CSS file and I've tried thefilehut.com but since it's always screwing up, it's always messing about with my page. So apart from personal hosting (since I don't know anyone with their own website), where can I host a file on the internet?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Most ISPs nowdays offer a small amount of webspace when you have an account with them - check with your ISP's plan. Quite a few people here have their own domains/webspace as well.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
how big is the file and how long do you want to host it for?

www.yousendit.com

offers to store a file up to a gig in size , but only for a week.

www.Filefront.com
in my opinion is the best file storage place. You have to get an account, however you can store huge files, unlimited bandwidth and you can check how many people downloaded it. Plus i get good speeds when i download a file.

www.megaupload.com
offers smaller storage maybe like 100 mbs or something, but doesnt require you to sign up and can host it for as long as someone downloads the file within a 30 day period.

http://rapidshare.de/
is a great site aswell. i think its the biggest one there is. they say thier servers have 105 Terabytes of hard-drive capacity. however max size of files is 50 mbs. , but the file wont get deleted and can be download unlimited amount of times

sunny

meh.
HSC
I would imagine the point of hosting a CSS file would be to access it directly from other pages to apply the stylesheet, which sites like yousendit and rapidshare won't let you do.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Cascading Style Sheets. Its a way of changing virtually any formatting aspect of a page without tinkering with the original HTML - you just edit your CSS file, the static HTML content stays the same but the page can look completely different.

http://www.csszengarden.com/
Very good demo site of what CSS can do. The content of these pages come from the same page, but the different formatting is just done by applying different viewer submitted stylesheet.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I've found someone to host it, thanks for the offers. I'll keep this thread for future references though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)