Finally! (1 Viewer)

dissonance

Thats right....I've finally finished my major work.....Yeah I know it's almost 3:15am, but now's not the time for details...

My radio drama is now just that, instead of the imagined dream that its been for so long I can now look at it nicely compacted into a nifty little CD.

Hmmm, I guess I still have the reflection statement to write...and my 40% assessment report on the "impact of individual investigation" and I got to update my script to more accurately represent whats on the cd. Pssh, it never ends does it.......

HSC
Congrats!

I still got my major work to finish :p
I still got about half of it to do lol...

plus my reflection statement and journal is due in next week...
So I'm very screwed.

dissonance

hmmm, it always sounds superficial when I explain my major work to people but here goes....

The action centres around a pop/rock band who start whose quick meterioc rise to fame crashes down in the death of their songwriter....plus the fact they're basically one hit wonders.

It explores lots of different stuff. Can something come from nothing? The hidden beauty of popular culture and what popular culture contributes to society.

written in a Stoppardian/Beckett sort of syle so a lot of it is comedic, and I threw in allusions to both of those writers all though it. Ahh, there's a bit of Orpheus and Greek Mythology, John Keats poetry, lots of little literary references.

I wrote all the music thats in it so snippets of tracks from my band are all through it as well that either give mood or lyrically comment on the action.

Thats all i can think of at the moment.....I listened to it repeatedly for a week after I finished it so I've successfully gotten myself a little tired of listening to it....

Oh, producing it.....well it took a while. Something like 45-50 hours over the holidays to record dialouge, sound effects, songs and edit it altogether. Since I'm in a band we already owned all the vocal mics, mixers and other equipment we needed to record dialouge and sound effects. I edited it together on a friends' computer on a program called Cubase. Its an amazing thing eventhough its can be really testing when it takes like an hour to do something you'd think was really simple like adjusting volume levels.

All the producing side of it was the best part of it for me....I love making sounds and stuff and I was lucky to have friends who are all already pretty accomplished actors to help me with it.

What's your radio script about? Have you seen the standerds packages? By the way you didn't really take the easy way out. Your script has to be more than twice as long as mine is.

kannonboy

sounds impressive!

mines a "hard-boiled" crime-fiction piece with a twist at the end. Found it very hard trying to fit an entire case into 15 minutes of dialogue but I think it's reasonable now. The plot centres around a sydney-based private investigator assigned to investigate a missing persons case. The missing person is Angelica Shine, daughter of Edward (Ed) Shine, Deputy Director of the Australian Security & Intelligence Organisation.. MAJOR plot twist at the end, I'll put a link to it when I finish production..

Yeah I saw the standards package... I reckon we shouldn't have a problem beating them :)

kannonboy

standards packages are packages of students work from 2001 which have sample responses from each borderline performance band. ie. for Extension 2 English (since it's one unit) you have band 1/2, 2/3 and 3/4 responses. Basically the teachers decide whether your work is better than a Band 3/4 (and hence award you band 4) or say between a band 1/2 and 2/3 (and therefore give you a Band 2) or whatever..

kinda funny cos' I thought this HSC was supposed to be OUTCOMES based, not comparative :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)