Finding first part time/casual job (as smo in hs) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, so it's about to be summer holidays and I'm looking for a part time or even a summer job.

But I haven't found many places which fit what I am looking for (not looking for fast food chain locations). I know this may sound quite annoying since there's so many jobs out there but yeah.

I have no prior work experience but want to do something related to music or tutoring for younger children since I am in senior years and am completing my CMUS for piano. Retail as well (?), I don't think I mind the job as long as its not foodish related. Does anyone have any job reccs or tips on finding a casual job and what to expect? - Should I just walk in with my resume (barely has anything but lmao) and ask if they have casual job offers?

Thank you in advance.

Leadmen4y

HSC
Hey, so it's about to be summer holidays and I'm looking for a part time or even a summer job.

But I haven't found many places which fit what I am looking for (not looking for fast food chain locations). I know this may sound quite annoying since there's so many jobs out there but yeah.

I have no prior work experience but want to do something related to music or tutoring for younger children since I am in senior years and am completing my CMUS for piano. Retail as well (?), I don't think I mind the job as long as its not foodish related. Does anyone have any job reccs or tips on finding a casual job and what to expect? - Should I just walk in with my resume (barely has anything but lmao) and ask if they have casual job offers?

Thank you in advance.
I think u should contact ur career adviser they should be able to help (unless urs r as useless as my)

5uckerberg

HSC
HAHA i totally forgot about my adviser, thanks for that! (not related but the most useless at school are the english teachers imo)
Of course, I call being an English teacher an over-saturated role. Yes natural selection plays a part there. Too many English teachers means each one does not have the value that it once had when it was scarce.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)