Firefox Issues (1 Viewer)

xMaNx

HSC
I hit the shutdown button and the lid had been closed on the laptop, it was 12:30 am, and sleep was overpowering me.
8:30am, the lid was opened and I found myself staring at Windows update, do not switch off computer, installing update 3 of 13.

It was urgent, so what did I do? I switched it off and gave it a restart.

Screen was lagging, and finally, the green screen appeared only to be followed by another configuring windows update message, this time it was quick.

So the computer had started, I had done what was needed and again closed the lid, but when it was reopened after 20 minutes, it automatically shut down, almost giving me a heart attack.

Again we went through the process of windows update, again very quick but this time, it had murdered firefox.

I have spent the last 1 hour trying to fix this issue, it's got too many bookmarks on there to lose.

I have re-started the computer, un-installed firefox (not uninstalling personal settings) and then reinstalled it and still it refuses to open.

Thoughts?

Aeriff

HSC
Start -> Run -> firefox.exe -profilemanager -> Create a new profile.

All else failing, Start -> Run -> %APPDATA% then navigate into the Mozilla folder and into your profile folder and there should be a file called bookmarks.html or something in there somewhere. I haven't used Firefox in forever so yeah.

This is why you use some sort of bookmark sync utility.

xMaNx

HSC
I copied the profiles, then uninstalled it fully, even deleted the mozilla folder left afterwards, still doesnt work.

Shifting to chrome now I guess, I dont like Safari.

Thanks buddy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)