First year chem.... Which one to take? (1 Viewer)

adelaidecruz

HSC
Hey guys. So I'm debating between CHEM1011 (Fundamentals of Chemistry 1A) and CHEM1111 (Chemistry 1A) for my first year. I only got 82 in my HSC Chem so I don't want anything too hard as I need to maintain a WAM of 65 in my first year to move on to my double degree in 2nd year. At the same time, I also intend to sit the GAMSAT in the future and im worried that maybe the scope of learning in fundamentals of chemistry may not cover GAMSAT chemistry topics.

If you have any suggestions please let me know thank you!!

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys. So I'm debating between CHEM1011 (Fundamentals of Chemistry 1A) and CHEM1111 (Chemistry 1A) for my first year. I only got 82 in my HSC Chem so I don't want anything too hard as I need to maintain a WAM of 65 in my first year to move on to my double degree in 2nd year. At the same time, I also intend to sit the GAMSAT in the future and im worried that maybe the scope of learning in fundamentals of chemistry may not cover GAMSAT chemistry topics.

If you have any suggestions please let me know thank you!!
do either of them have restrictions? If not, then pick the one that is more suitable to you. otherwise you won't have a choice.

check the subjects you wish to study later, and check the prerequisites.

while one of them may be harder (I am not sure about USYD subjects here), you may still have to put in the effort to get the 65 mark :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)