First year math (1 Viewer)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Hi guys, I will be doing MATH1081 - Discrete Math and MATH1131 - Math 1A in the first trimester and wondering if anyone could suggest what I could do to prepare because I want to get good marks. I've watched some intro to math UNSW vids and they have some worksheets but I was hoping maybe there's current UNSW students here who did these units who could tell me what they recommend apart from UNSW's worksheets.

I'd also really like to hear what you thought of the courses yourself and if you/people you know thought it was easy or not :)

cossine

HSC
Have you done any work with the textbooks?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, I will be doing MATH1081 - Discrete Math and MATH1131 - Math 1A in the first trimester and wondering if anyone could suggest what I could do to prepare because I want to get good marks. I've watched some intro to math UNSW vids and they have some worksheets but I was hoping maybe there's current UNSW students here who did these units who could tell me what they recommend apart from UNSW's worksheets.

I'd also really like to hear what you thought of the courses yourself and if you/people you know thought it was easy or not :)
1131 is basically like the high school 4U course. 1081 is a different kind of mathematics which you most likely have not seen that much. 1081 is definitely harder than 1131. Learn the content and do hard questions to prepare lol. You can find many past paper questions and all that on the Mathsoc website.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Have you done any work with the textbooks?
No I haven't, I'll try find some textbooks thanks

1131 is basically like the high school 4U course. 1081 is a different kind of mathematics which you most likely have not seen that much. 1081 is definitely harder than 1131. Learn the content and do hard questions to prepare lol. You can find many past paper questions and all that on the Mathsoc website.
Ok thank you that's kinda scary tbh

Etho_x

HSC
N/A

My math tutor was able to chuck me the university workbook specifically they use for 1131 lmk if you want it and I’ll chuck it in DM’s

catha230

HSC

May I ask what degree this is? Thanks! :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)