Flybuys Query (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Does anyone know if Flybuys require you to pay any fees? :)

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
nope

but it takes sooooooooooooooooo long to get even enough points for a $20 voucher, lol

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
^Yeah, I know - every $5 spent gives 1 point (2 in some cases). :mad1:

Evilo

HSC
OMG what a silly question :p of course its free. You can even pick up a form at participating supermarkets and they will give you a "temporary" card until your new (plastic) card is sent to you. You can even combine points by giving everyone in your family a card connected to the same account. "KnowingNothing" is right, it encorages you to shop at coles owned stores.

Tanjin - at Liquorland you get 2 points for every $5 spent. And i think that triples if you get a "coles myer source card" (not sure about the fine print though - so check)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Evilo said:
OMG what a silly question :p of course its free. You can even pick up a form at participating supermarkets and they will give you a "temporary" card until your new (plastic) card is sent to you. You can even combine points by giving everyone in your family a card connected to the same account. "KnowingNothing" is right, it encorages you to shop at coles owned stores.

Tanjin - at Liquorland you get 2 points for every $5 spent. And i think that triples if you get a "coles myer source card" (not sure about the fine print though - so check)
I read the terms & conditions before I made this thread and I know it said "no fees etc" but a few people have told me that they have some hidden fees. :confused:

I wanted to be sure. :)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Knowingnothing said:
The point of Flybuys is to reward customers for their long service loyalty.
it's actually to collect gigantic amounts of reasonably cheap marketing data

urailes0623

HSC
Frequent Questions

What is FlyBuys?
FlyBuys is Australia's favourite shopping rewards program operated by Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd, a joint venture between Coles Group Limited and the National Australia Bank Limited. Over 2.7 million households like yours actively collect points at FlyBuys participating businesses to make their everyday shopping count for over 1,000 reward choices. There are no fees or charges and membership is open to everybody who wants to be rewarded for their everyday shopping loyalty.
How many points do I get for my shopping dollar and where?
You will earn 2 standard points for every $5 spent by shopping at Coles Supermarkets, BI-LO, Coles Express, Target, Kmart, Baby Target, Kmart Tyre and Auto, First Choice, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, Liquorland Direct, Harris Technology and JetSet and Travelworld travel centres. At Budget Car Rental earn 2 standard point for each $1 spent and at Best Western Australia you will earn 1 standard point for each $1 spent. At EziBuy you will earn 1 standard point for every $5 spent. You can make your shopping count even more by looking out for frequent bonus point offers at participating businesses to collect points even faster.
How can I order an additional card?
Requesting up to a maximum of three additional cards is as easy as jumping online at flybuys.com.au or calling the FlyBuys Service Centre on 13 1116, between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (Melbourne time, excluding public holidays).
If I'm not currently a member, how can I join FlyBuys?
You can join online, right now, by clicking here and filling in your details. Or pick up an application form from one of the participating businesses and send it back to FlyBuys at GPO Box 359 Melbourne VIC 3001. The friendly folk at the FlyBuys Service Centre can also sign you up, and they can be reached on 13 1116, from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday (Melbourne time, excluding public holidays).
How many FlyBuys cards can I have in my household?
In addition to the primary cardholder (that's the person who filled out the application form), each household can request an additional three FlyBuys cards. Remember, the more people who are out there showing their FlyBuys card to earn points, the quicker you'll be able to claim a reward.
Why should I always show my FlyBuys card?
You need to present your FlyBuys card at participating businesses to earn FlyBuys points ? we can't credit your points balance if you don't show your card at the time of purchase. Earn enough points, and you can redeem them for a fantastic reward. It's that simple.
Will I now have to pay a fee?
No, FlyBuys remains free from fees.
Where do I go if I have any further questions regarding FlyBuys?
You should be able to find what you need right here on our website, but if you can't find the answer you're looking for, give our FlyBuys Service Centre a call on 13 1116, between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (AEST, excluding national public holidays).
How often will I receive my Points Summary statement?
FlyBuys members can look forward to receiving their Points Summary statement in the mail up to four times a year. Also included will be a copy of a reward members' guide, featuring news, new rewards and bonus points offers.
Who can I call for help?
The customer service agents at the FlyBuys Service Centre are skilled at answering all your questions efficiently and accurately. They can be reached on 13 1116 between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (AEST, excluding national public holidays).

Collecting Points

How can I earn FlyBuys points ... and fast?
There are heaps of ways to earn FlyBuys points and give your points balance an extra boost every now and then.

Shop 'n' show
FlyBuys participating businesses are some of the best known in Australia - you're probably shopping at many of them already:

* 1st Choice Liquor Superstore
* Baby Target
* Best Western Australia
* BI-LO
* Budget
* Coles
* Coles Express
* Coles Online
* EziBuy
* Harris Technology
* Jetset
*Kmart
* Kmart Tyre & Auto Service
* Liquorland
* Liquorland Direct
* NAB
* Officeworks
* Pick N Pay
* Target
* Travelworld
* Vintage Cellars

Just present your FlyBuys card when making a purchase and watch your points grow. You?ll get two standard points for every $5 you spend at the participating Coles Group businesses listed in the first question above and Jetset and Travelworld. You?ll earn at least one standard point for every $5 you spend at EziBuy. Better still, you?ll collect at least one standard point for every $1 spent at Best Western and two points for every $1 spent with Budget.

The NAB link
Linking your eligible NAB Credit Card to your FlyBuys account is a sure-fire way to earn points faster. That?s because when you make purchases 1 at participating businesses you?ll actually earn FlyBuys points twice ? once from the NAB and once from the business 2. Plus, earn even more points when you use your linked NAB Credit Card any where else. You?l l get at least one FlyBuys point for every $5 you spent, but if you make more than $500 worth of purchases in a statement period that doubles to 2 FlyBuys points for every $5 spent (excluding the first $500).

The Source of earning points fast
Using your Coles Group Source MasterCard ^ when making purchases at participating Coles Group businesses is another great way to build up your FlyBuys points. Just remember to present your FlyBuys card and you can earn a total of four FlyBuys points for every $5 you spend on your Coles Group Source MasterCard *.Bonus boostTaking up FlyBuys bonus points offers will send your points balance skyrocketing. Keep an eye out for these special offers online, at participating businesses and in the escape members' guide.The more the merrierUp to three additional cards can be linked to any one membership, which means you can get your whole household out there earning points towards claiming a reward.1 Eligible purchases are calculated as total credit purchases less sales credits (i.e. returns) and adjustments during a statement period. Excludes cash advances (including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office) when you use your card to purchase travellers? cheques, or as a debit card to access linked accounts. Business transactions are also excluded, as are credit charges, annual or other bank fees, government charges and unauthorised transactions for which the cardholder is not liable.2 Minimum thresholds apply.

The Source of earning points fast
Using your Coles Group Source MasterCard ^ when making purchases at participating Coles Group businesses is another great way to build up your FlyBuys points. Just remember to present your FlyBuys card and you can earn a total of four FlyBuys points for every $5 you spend on your Coles Group Source MasterCard *.

Bonus boost
Taking up FlyBuys bonus points offers will send your points balance skyrocketing. Keep an eye out for these special offers online, at participating businesses and in the escape members' guide.

The more the merrier
Up to three additional cards can be linked to any one membership, which means you can get your whole household out there earning points towards claiming a reward.1 Eligible purchases are calculated as total credit purchases less sales credits (i.e. returns) and adjustments during a statement period. Excludes cash advances (including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office) when you use your card to purchase travellers? cheques, or as a debit card to access linked accounts. Business transactions are also excluded, as are credit charges, annual or other bank fees, government charges and unauthorised transactions for which the cardholder is not liable.

2 Minimum thresholds apply.

*Terms and Conditions:

* You cannot earn double FlyBuys points until you have provided us with your FlyBuys number (subject to processing times to connect your FlyBuys number to your Coles Group Source MasterCard account).
* We will ask for your FlyBuys member number when you apply, or you can supply it to us at a later date.
* Once you have reached 80,000 FlyBuys points on your Coles Group Source MasterCard in a calendar year, you will revert to earning points at the rate of one point per $5 spent on eligible purchases for the remainder of that calendar year.
* No FlyBuys points will be allocated to purchases made with the Coles Group Source MasterCard other than at participating Coles Group stores.
* Some exclusions apply ? see in-store for details.
* Standard FlyBuys terms and conditions apply.
* Credit provided by GE Capital Finance Australia ABN 42 008 583 588, trading as GE Money.

Participating outlets only and excludes BI-LO Western Australia.

^ Annual fees may apply under your credit contract.

Points Expiry

Do my FlyBuys points expire?
All good things must come to an end, and that even applies to the life of FlyBuys points. They will expire on the last working day of the month, three years after the month you earned them, so any points you have not redeemed for an reward during that time will be deducted from your account. You can keep an eye on your points and find out when they are due to expire by clicking here, and remember if you keep your points balance ticking over you won't have to worry about points expiring before you're able to redeem for a reward. Taking advantage of bonus points offers and linking your eligible NAB Credit Card or Coles Group Source MasterCard to your FlyBuys card are great ways to do that.

Rewards

What can I do with my FlyBuys points?
Once you've collected a minimum of 11,000 FlyBuys points, you can choose from a fantastic range of rewards, including flights, accommodation, gift cards, vouchers and lifestyle products. You can also redeem your FlyBuys points for credit to your linked NAB Credit Card ? 13,500 points will get you $100 credit or 20,250 points will see $150 credited to your card. To check out the entire range of great rewards, click here or get a copy of our current Rewards Guide sent out to you by calling the FlyBuys Service Centre on 13 1116 between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (Melbourne time, excluding public holidays).
How can I check how many FlyBuys points I have?
Click here to check your points balance right now, or ask the friendly folk at the FlyBuys Service Centre by calling 13 1116 between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (AEST, excluding national public holidays). You can also keep an eye on your points balance in the Points Summary that will be mailed out to you with a copy of the escape members' guide up to four times during the year.
How can I claim an reward?
You can browse and book most rewards online by clicking right here, but if you're after a flight or wanting to claim a credit to your linked NAB Credit Card you can only do so by calling the FlyBuys Service Centre on 13 1116 between 9am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (AEST, excluding national public holidays).
Do I have to use my reward straight away?
For some rewards (such as restaurant dinners) you will receive a confirmation letter within 14 days of booking your reward. This letter will state a ?use by date'. Flights may be booked up to six months in advance, and all non-flight rewards are generally valid for six months, unless otherwise stated.
Can I give my points to relatives or friends?
If you're the primary cardholder (that means, the person who filled out the application form) you're able to book a reward for an immediate family member. But remember, FlyBuys points are not transferable between memberships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)