• Happy 20 YEARS to us!

focus year 10 maths (1 Viewer)

kkk579

HSC
N/A
does anyone know what’s in the entrance exam for focus college year 10 maths? has anyone done it? i’m doing it tomorrow but i haven’t done all year 10 topics before since im in year 9(maths accelerant)

cantdefeatben

HSC
Currently in the year 11 class but im guessing its stuff like volume and algebra. If your not too sure and have a scope for the year I would say just look at topics a term ahead. The yr 10 class should be doing polynomials rn according to my friend in the class.

kkk579

HSC
N/A
Currently in the year 11 class but im guessing its stuff like volume and algebra. If your not too sure and have a scope for the year I would say just look at topics a term ahead. The yr 10 class should be doing polynomials rn according to my friend in the class.
oh crap i’m in year 9 so i’m not sure how to do some year 10 topics. what level is ur friend in and also what topics have they covered so far in year 10? thanks a lot my test is tmr so i’m stressing

cantdefeatben

HSC
oh crap i’m in year 9 so i’m not sure how to do some year 10 topics. what level is ur friend in and also what topics have they covered so far in year 10? thanks a lot my test is tmr so i’m stressing
So far in year 10 I believe they have covered stuff like volume quadratics coordinate geo and maybe logarithms. My friend is in the 10B class which I would say is decently paced. During the test Jimmy will also look at how fast u do to place you into a class. I would say just brush up on algebra and quadratics then u should be fine.

kkk579

HSC
N/A
So far in year 10 I believe they have covered stuff like volume quadratics coordinate geo and maybe logarithms. My friend is in the 10B class which I would say is decently paced. During the test Jimmy will also look at how fast u do to place you into a class. I would say just brush up on algebra and quadratics then u should be fine.
okay tysm what students from schools r usually in the A and Bclass?

cantdefeatben

HSC
okay tysm what students from schools r usually in the A and Bclass?
From what I know there are usually some ruse, baulko nsb and occasionally really good hurlstone/sefton. Although I wouldn't base my preconception on what school they attend cause I know one canley vale in that class rn.

cantdefeatben

HSC
is jimmy the best teacher there? i heard a lot of good things about him based off reviews
Im pretty sure hes the only good teacher there lol all the others are just uni students but never had them so idk. Jimmy is really good at explaining maths concepts but sometimes class can get pretty fast paced so just be prepared for that.

kkk579

HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure hes the only good teacher there lol all the others are just uni students but never had them so idk. Jimmy is really good at explaining maths concepts but sometimes class can get pretty fast paced so just be prepared for that.
ohhh alright tysm hopefully i get into his class then

kkk579

HSC
N/A
just curious, what class level r u in? and also what r the different levels

cantdefeatben

HSC
just curious, what class level r u in? and also what r the different levels
Currently I am in the 11B class and I believe there are 3 different classes (A,B,C). Jimmy takes all classes above standard math.

kkk579

HSC
N/A
Currently I am in the 11B class and I believe there are 3 different classes (A,B,C). Jimmy takes all classes above standard math.
ohhh okay tysm. i did the exam already and it was rlly easy. just basic surds, algebra, quadratics and a few basic trig qs.

cantdefeatben

HSC
alright thanks a lot for the help. hopefully i can get into A class :))
Im pretty sure the main difference between the A class and B class is the pace of the lesson so it shouldn't be too bad if you get into the B class. The A class does get to cover hard questions however due to the speed of the class.

kkk579

HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure the main difference between the A class and B class is the pace of the lesson so it shouldn't be too bad if you get into the B class. The A class does get to cover hard questions however due to the speed of the class.
ohhh alright thanks

kkk579

HSC
N/A
also curious why is the A class only 1hr 30min whereas B and C is 2hrs? Is it because B and C class are at a slower pace thus needing more time to cover all the content?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)