Foo Fighters Are Coming Again... (1 Viewer)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I really like the Foo Fighters, and they are coming to Sydney in October this year. But I really only like the Foo Fighters for their rock stuff, and this concert will be all acoustic...

Is anyone thinking about going and/or do you reckon it would be worth it?? (does anyone have a list of what they usually play at acoustic gigs?)

BTW, how good is it that they are selling tickets with the whole photo ID thing to prevent scalpers.

http://frontiertouring.com.au/pages.aspx?pubid=1&issid=1&artid=516&pgid=528&type=xPO&r=H

TICKET PRICES
Opera House - $146.30*

Ticketek - $149.40*

* transaction fees may apply

After selling out arena concerts across Australia last year, the Foo Fighters are returning down under for an extra special concert event.

In news that is sure to delight Foos fans, the band will perform acoustic up close and personal concerts in the intimacy of the iconic Sydney Opera House this October 3 & 4.

Last time the band toured here they rocked loud and hard to rave reviews. This time around Australia will get a taste of the softer side of the Foo Fighters as they showcase material from the acoustic second disc of their latest album offering In Your Honor.

Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel and Chris Shiflett will be joined by former Foo Pat Smear on guitar, Petra Haden on violin, Rami Jaffee on keys, and Drew Hester on percussion. Timmy Curran will support.

In response to ticket scalping concerns, procedures will be put in place to ensure the best seats end up in the hands of Foos fans, not in the wallets of scalpers.

Tickets for the first ten rows of the Opera House will be limited to two tickets per person and will ONLY be available to purchase IN PERSON at the Sydney Opera House box office from 7:00am on Thursday 7 September.

Individuals lining up for tickets in the first ten rows will be required to supply a name for each ticket purchased. At the time of purchase names will be recorded and a corresponding ticket receipt issued. Physical tickets will only be available for collection the night of the concert. Photo ID will be required to match the name previously advised for each ticket and individuals will be wrist banded before entering their seats.

All remaining tickets will be limited to four tickets per person per show and will go on sale at 9:00am on Thursday 7 September via the Sydney Opera House (phone and box office only) and Ticketek (phone, outlets and internet).

Frontier reminds patrons purchasing tickets that by purchasing a ticket they are accepting the terms and conditions of sale of that ticket. Re-sale of tickets by a non-authorised outlet is forbidden under these terms and conditions. Frontier and its ticketing agencies have the right to cancel the tickets of any individual breaching these terms and conditions of sale.

Don't miss out on seeing the Foos performing intimate and acoustic at Sydney Opera House this October.

HSC
$146 : \
only 4 true fans.
If its anything like kanye west it won't be THAT intimate unless you're in first 3 rows.

daledugahole

HSC
I really want to go. I went to their concert last year at the superdome and it was awesome.

I think they'll play a lot of the new stuff from the accoustic half of In Your Honor.

They're so amazing live. I nearly cried when Dave played drums on Cold Day in the Sun... is that weird?

daledugahole

HSC
It was an amazing concert worth every penny. I thought it was even better than last years Superdome concert. Dave Grohl really knows how to interact with the crowd. Everytime my friend and I looked up Chris Shiflett was staring directly at us. I think it was because we were just in his direct line of sight (centre, fifth row).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)