for such simple q is working out ever required or plug into calc and write answer is enough (1 Viewer)

amdspotter

HSC
for such 1 markers would working out ever be required, or is it just expected u plug into calc and write the answer cuz i feel its unnecessary but don't wanna risk it
1638533657304.png

yanujw

HSC
At the very least, part (iii) is more than just writing the answer, because you would write and then have to realise the denominator. For (i) and (ii) it never hurts to put more information if you're afraid of losing a mark.

amdspotter

HSC
At the very least, part (iii) is more than just writing the answer, because you would write and then have to realise the denominator. For (i) and (ii) it never hurts to put more information if you're afraid of losing a mark.
ah ok fair enof it's not gonna take ages anyways thx btw

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If you observe the following solutions:

1638534440017.png

You may establish that there is a consistency between the solutions and what was said by yanujw above. Since you will not lose marks for including working, you are probably better off including that working just to be safe. Looking at the solutions, it doesn't seem like there is much required in terms of actual working anyway.

amdspotter

HSC
If you observe the following solutions:

View attachment 34412

You may establish that there is a consistency between the solutions and what was said by yanujw above. Since you will not lose marks for not including working, you are probably better off including that working just to be safe. Looking at the solutions, it doesn't seem like there is much required in terms of actual working anyway.
Yep it ain't a lot and not worth to lose a mark on that, thx

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
One way to avoid calculator-only answers is to ask questions where decimalised answers won't be acceptable, like

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)