For the stage scripters (1 Viewer)

gorgo31

HSC
Just interested, did anyone enter their major work into the Sydney Theatre Company Young Playwright of the Year Award?

Here

Entries closed on Friday, and my school prohibited me from entering my major work for fears of someone from STC spreading it. I thought that was ridiculously paranoid (and that no one would want to copy it anyway!) but I had no choice but to enter some other crappy play I'd written.

There are a host of other contests for entering major works - some due in later in the year so major works would have been handed in. I advise everyone to Google it and send away - haven't got anything to lose!

Pointy Ears

HSC
DAmn!
This sounds like such a good opportunity!!!
Too bad I'm writing a film script :( :( :(
I dont think there is any way to convert the story either- its just not meant for the stage =_=

gorgo31

HSC
Pointy Ears said:
DAmn!
This sounds like such a good opportunity!!!
Too bad I'm writing a film script :( :( :(
I dont think there is any way to convert the story either- its just not meant for the stage =_=
I think there are heaps of screenplay contests around too, although from memory most of them are for feature length, like that Project Greenlight one. It was just pure luck that this competition had exactly the same requirement of 20-30 mins.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
damn! Wish I'd known about this! Then again I wouldn't have entered my ext 2 english script... I'm not sure if BOS would even permit it. And I got no other scripts in the pipeline at the moment... Isn't scriptwriting the bomb!

gorgo31

HSC
Bump.

I was lucky enough to win, so I get to workshop my play and then have it performed professionally post-HSC. Should be a blast :)

Anyone else hear from the STC about theirs?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
gorgo31 said:
Bump.

I was lucky enough to win, so I get to workshop my play and then have it performed professionally post-HSC. Should be a blast :)

Anyone else hear from the STC about theirs?
well done! That's great! How much is the cash prize? What sort of script is the one you entered?

gorgo31

HSC
Thanks :) Cash is $1000, which I'm pretty stoked about. It was a weird semi-Absurd script - was the one that gave me my final idea for my major work. So yeah, pretty happy. Can't wait for the workshop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)