For those prospective UNSW students who just got their ATARs (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
If you're considering coming to UNSW, first thing you have to do -> research their courses and ATAR cutoff.

2nd thing -> ask questions around here, feel free to ask me questions in particular (you can PM me, fb chat me or ask here, I personally like to kill spare time so go ahead and ask away), or whoever in particular.

3rd thing -> attend info day :) (link -> http://infoday.unsw.edu.au/)

4th thing -> make sure you put UNSW as one of your upper preferences

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Never mind. YZ, you should mention stuff we talked about in our chat.

TFN & Early enrolment

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay and some advice with regards to enrolment: as soon as you get your offer, do the enrolment process asap. Make your timetable asap otherwise all the good spots go away. First come first served, it is.

Also, make sure you have a Tax File Number (I had that problem last year) otherwise you'll have to state "pay upfront". And that process is before your timetabling, so don't leave that behind. If you don't have a TFN then go get one asap.

Those are what I discussed with spiral a few hours ago :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
There is I believe a helpful timetabling website? Care to link YZ?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
That's the one, I was told that you should always read handbooks thoroughly also.

asdfqwerty

HSC
So as soon as I get an offer, I enrol straight away and should be able to construct my own timetable with their given availabilities? Do they do early offers in January for every course (e.g. Med Science) or only for some?

hpatdh

HSC
What are usually the earliest times for commerce courses at UNSW? Anyone have an idea? 9am or earlier perhaps?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, can you give me examples to why they can be a pain? I'm a morning person and I've been planning to make all my classes in the morning so I get free times in the afternoon lol.
I had to walk up at 6:20 because of travel.

D94

HSC
N/A
Be careful with Rectangles. It doesn't discriminate between an Open class and an available class.

Open just means it's not full. Available class options are based on class sizes when you go to select your classes in myUNSW, e.g. 5 tutorial time slots may be 5/23 full each whereas 1 time slot is 20/23 full - the latter will not show as an option basically because UNSW wants to spread students around evenly among tutorial classes.

ismeta

HSC
Anything important that I'll miss if I'm not at info day? I'll be in Singapore.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
A friend of mine from CSE made a program similar to rectangles, but it's called circles or whatever. Ill ask him after I come back from the gym.
Interesting, i was looking into this stuff a few months ago. Do you have any info about it? Seems like scheduling algorithms are a pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)