For those who got 70-80 (1 Viewer)

Sasukekun

HSC
are u still gonna go to uni? if so, which course will u be doing at what uni? just curious thats all...plz reply!!

Skeeta

HSC
i got 86.70 and hope to do Chiro at Macquarie

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i got a little less than 70 but i'll still (hopefully) get into a course. if not, i've also applied for a tafe course which could lead into a uni degree!

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
you know often all you need is a tafe course anyways. depends what your plans are

neuro_logik

HSC
I got 75.20, I'm going to be studying B. Internet Science and Technology or B. Computer Science at University of Wollongong. I went for and early entry interview that allowed me to gain certain requirements to get into my course such as a 60/100 in maths, 50/100 in adv. english and a minumum UAI of 75. I met these requirements which means that I am guaranteed into the course I want, regardless of the cut off next year.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i am hoping to get in the first round but if i dont
then i will wait for second round
i am only about 3-6 UAI points off the course i want
depending on the uni
i am hoping to get in to newcastle coz i get an extra 4 there
but they have one of the highest UAI's
but i can always hope

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
thanks natstar just saw that i will get into one course coz it only requires 70 :D
am happier now...
just not all that keen to move to wagga wagga but what can ya do

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah plenty of courses but they are in shit universitys like UWS. im hoping i scrape into Maquarie with my 75.20. if not, its UWS for a year then work my but off to transfer to a respectable uni...lol

specialjenny

HSC
I got high 70's and planning to do one of the courses in the engineering/design section of UWS. Fingers crossed!!

SweetSeasons

HSC
I got 78.5, my course i only needed 70 for 2004.

I will probably end up doing a bach of science at UWS, but if i change my mind in the next 15-30 mins it will be a bach of design and tech at UWS

Idyll

HSC
natstar said:
ffs, just cuz u got a UAI between 70-80 doesent mean you cant get into uni and have to go to tafe. There are so many uni courses you can get into
it just depends whether you're interested in any of them........

uwsstudent

HSC
good on u mates

natstar i agree with u, that dickhead whoever said about uws, u have got heaps to learn in ur life, also good on all the people who made it to their course, by the way to that fucking dickhead uws is here only for 15yrs, so strong it has become in so many courses, u know it takes time for any uni to gain its influence, uni belongs to government, there is no government wanting to see its own uni go down in strength, but when u have so many uni, there is not enough resources, that's why uws is getting its fund recently and there is more to uni than ur mark, even the course u study, i mean it doesn't determine whether u will be good at it or not, let's talk about something sensible

Narelle

HSC
I got 79.75

I felt cut at first cause i needed at least 80 to do my 1st pref of science communication at UNSW

I actually thought that itll be easy to get 80. Now on reflection I realise i probably could have tried harder but i really enjoyed yr 12 and appart from my work effort i dont regret a thing -involved myself, enjoyed every minute, blah blah.. i had heaps of fun (but i didn't totally slack off either, had to put heaps of effort sometimes)

but anyway now im doin SCIENCE/ARTS at UNSW! (though its not my 1st pref, its something which id like to do almost as much as my 1st pref. Never thought id get into it because the expected cutoff was 85.) So even though its not what i expected, Im so happy and really looking forward to it.

Having a uai lower than i had hoped has made me to think more of what i really want to do. Knowing my potential and not having quite achieved it has motivated me to try even harder. Its made me realised that 'natural talent' wont always pull u through, u need to keep working or u start to lose it.

Yes so in the end, with my slightly lower uai of 79.75, im still going to be studying things i enjoy and am interested in. Now that Ive gotten into uni, my UAI doesnt really mean anything to me, except a reminder of some of my great achievements and some of my unfulfilled potentials.

Basically work hard (u can have fun as well, but dont let laziness get the better of u)

There are so many options out there, if ur following ur passions then ur likely to succeed.

More than likely, everyone will be able to do the things they really want to do..... its just probably not the way they expect it... but thats life eh and isnt it beautiful.

God loves u.

S

Shuter

Skeeta said:
i got 86.70 and hope to do Chiro at Macquarie
How the fuck did you get that UAI if you can't even figure out that 86.70 does not lie between 70-80? Oh I know, you're probably one of those people who didn't even do maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)