Form in every essay? (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
Would you get lower marks if the question didn't ask for form and you didn't include it? Or should form explicitly be in every essay regardless of whether it is requested or not?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
You won't lose marks if it's not asked but if you do provide it, it shows markers you have an understanding of your text. It's just something nice to have in an essay.

idkkdi

HSC
Would you get lower marks if the question didn't ask for form and you didn't include it? Or should form explicitly be in every essay regardless of whether it is requested or not?
?????? wdym.

when you introduce pieces you should write like, "xyz's poem's" etc.

if ur talking about specific form in analysis, like post-modernist use of abc, look at the module rubrics.

If at some point you address form it forms a more comprehensive analysis usually.

notme123

HSC
I would have every piece of evidence you present carry some sort of technique that is unique to the form e.g. film, poetry, or drama. Prose it's a bit harder to distinguish form since it's such a conventional piece of literature but giving the form makes your essay fortified in terms of knowledge.

Wizjaro

HSC
I would have every piece of evidence you present carry some sort of technique that is unique to the form e.g. film, poetry, or drama. Prose it's a bit harder to distinguish form since it's such a conventional piece of literature but giving the form makes your essay fortified in terms of knowledge.
Ngl but this is very hard to do. I think a more achievable aim is to have one unique analysis of form/structure/style in each paragraph so that the marker knows you do know the difference between texts. Also tbh if the question doesn't ask about form you can get away with to mentioning it too much however there are a few staples that every essay should have and one of those is you distinguishing what form your text is in your intro. Saying something like "poem" "film" etc is still addressing form even if it looks pedestrian.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
🤷‍♂️ They'll come out when people decide to share it I guess.

notme123

HSC
I reckon if we can ask students who sat independent and catholic what the questions were. Would it be a transgression? Personally, I'm eager to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)