formal dress. (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
okay, i'm desperately in love with this dress and it's nowhere to be found, and i found one place that has it and has my size, but found out that its 600-700$. which is not cool because it retails for 300$ american, and i can't order it online because nowhere has blue in stock!

so, i think i'll make a similar one, how would you make the skirt? crinkled tulle seems like an odd thing to put in it.

i know how to make just a normal bubble skirt, but the puffiness eludes me. i said it would be tulle or something and my mother looked at me as if i was an idiot.

please help! merci =].

Sherri Hill 2025 - 2009 Prom Dresses

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
that's def something you'll look back on and just be like

dude
what the fuck was i thinking.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
that's def something you'll look back on and just be like

dude
what the fuck was i thinking.
haha. not keen on the dress?

it looks crap in the other colours but i like the blue.

fuckkkkkk i can't make up my mind. can i be bothered to make it?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
nah i like it. think it's heaps cute.

but now whenever i see something trendy i say that.

make it if you want.
too much effort imo

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
making one is a good idea if you are good with hands I guess.

My partner made hers but she does visual art and did textiles in year 11 so she was good with that...so i guess she made a nice black one.

but...I know cases where people failed (not just failed, EPIC FAILED) and ended up hiring one from somewhere...

Alternatively, u can get someone to make it for you...I am not sure how much it would cost hmmmm

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

My partner made hers but she does visual art and did textiles in year 11 so she was good with that...so i guess she made a nice black one.

but...I know cases where people failed (not just failed, EPIC FAILED) and ended up hiring one from somewhere...

Alternatively, u can get someone to make it for you...I am not sure how much it would cost hmmmm
you know
i will always remember that time when i was looking through the high achievers and i saw your name under maths

and i got really excited and felt proud of you

then i just stopped. kind of thought for a second and felt really fucking weird because...

bos. yeah.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You have a girlfriend? OMG NAMU HAS A GIRLFRIEND! :shy:
hey emily. long time no speak

btw i didn't know that going to formal with someone means that you are going out haha (and this was last year...formal for this year has not started yet lol)

@alyssar (amirite?): ye i know. bos has created this image for me which i find it difficult to get rid of.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

yeahh, i did d&t in y11 and started y12 but had too many units.

i could very easily make it, i have seventeen days between end of hscand formal, the only problem would be material i think. but i do have a worry in the back of my mind that i'll fail. i can always make an easier one if i fail though.

and yeah i thought of that, i might go and see a few dressmakers and see how much that would be. probably a hell of a lot better than the 600-700$ price tag of the actual thing.

thanks!

HSC
hey emily. long time no speak

btw i didn't know that going to formal with someone means that you are going out haha (and this was last year...formal for this year has not started yet lol)

@alyssar (amirite?): ye i know. bos has created this image for me which i find it difficult to get rid of.
Oh, my bad. >_>
I just assumed. And went rawr.

I dont want to go out tonight. I want to stay homeee. Stupid birthdays. Stupid people making a big deal out of it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Oh, my bad. >_>
I just assumed. And went rawr.

I dont want to go out tonight. I want to stay homeee. Stupid birthdays. Stupid people making a big deal out of it.
hahahah aww..how is uni??

oh btw...is today ur birthday? really? then congratsssss (may i be correct in this assumption...if not, damn)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
happy making :D

btw, where would u usually go to get the materials?
haah thanks =].

pitt trading, rainbow fabrics, spotlight for basic stuff for my best friend's and my business =]. but i'm looking for another good shop around southern sydney, or even the city, because i'm not liking my chances of getting any fabric with all those sequins on it. and not looking forward to hand sewing them all on =|.

anyone got any ideas?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Uni is good.
Next Monday, actually. My Mum is going overseas on Saturday though.
Turning 18 doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
i thought you were a lot older for some reason.

but eighteen is fun =]]. let people make a fuss over you for a day, and enjoy it :).

were you accelerated? or just really young for your year?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Uni is good.
Next Monday, actually. My Mum is going overseas on Saturday though.
Turning 18 doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
awwww happy birthday! (in advance)

damn i cannot believe that I am older than u and u are at uni and I am here doing hsc! argghh >.<

lychnobity

HSC
haah thanks =].

pitt trading, rainbow fabrics, spotlight for basic stuff for my best friend's and my business =]. but i'm looking for another good shop around southern sydney, or even the city, because i'm not liking my chances of getting any fabric with all those sequins on it. and not looking forward to hand sewing them all on =|.

anyone got any ideas?
Eh? For the fabric or bubble hem?

You can always glue the sequins... if necessary

For the bubble hem
Pattern for Bubble dress/ top...?? - Vogue Forums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)