Forza 6 on Xbox One (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I caved in. Bought an Xbox One a couple of nights ago to play Forza 6 (yes I bought the Forza 6 bundle). OMG it's so good. I really love the XB one controller over my PS4 controller especially with the Impulse Triggers. It surprisingly makes a huge difference when playing a driving game. Also the special "diamond" grip on the controller actually does feel really nice to hold.

I know people say Drive Club has better rain/graphics and Project cars is more realistic; but I just enjoy Forza more (and did on X360) so am glad to finally be playing again :)

ps. Anyone on XBL wanna add me? I have only a few friends from my XBL days when I had the original Xbox/360.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm really loving the streaming to my Surface 3... using the Very High settings, I'm streaming at 1080p which is amazing with no perceptible lag. I bought DOA5 Last Round collectors edition since it was on sale for half price so plan to try that tonight. Still hooked on Forza though and love the Rivals/competitive nature of the game. Pity I only know one person who plays it :(

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'm so jealous!

I wish I waited to get my Xbox later this year then I would've gotten the Halo 5 special edition Xbox (Check it out they did a really good job with detailing the Xbox and controllers) and I hear that these special editions make different noises when booting up the Xbox and the controller for the Forza edition has a grip?

I'm keen for backwards compatibility :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The controller with the nicer grip definitely feels alot nicer to hold when I compare it to the basic (new style) Xbox One controller. I feel more 'at home' holding this than I do with the PS4 controller which always felt a bit awkward to me with the trackpad being useless (but I do like the inbuilt speaker).

As for the booting up sounds/etc - I thought they were a bit gimmicky at first along with the other Forza 6 branding but it's grown on me with the "Start Stop" markings similar to the ignition button in a car accompanied by appropriate audio. It's a nice blue too.

But at the end of the day it's what's inside that counts. I'm on the hunt to find cheapest XBL Gold subscription (and also trying to figure out if I need it) just to get the ghost data/online connectivity (but not necessarily live multiplayer) in Forza 6.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
The controller with the nicer grip definitely feels alot nicer to hold when I compare it to the basic (new style) Xbox One controller. I feel more 'at home' holding this than I do with the PS4 controller which always felt a bit awkward to me with the trackpad being useless (but I do like the inbuilt speaker).

As for the booting up sounds/etc - I thought they were a bit gimmicky at first along with the other Forza 6 branding but it's grown on me with the "Start Stop" markings similar to the ignition button in a car accompanied by appropriate audio. It's a nice blue too.

But at the end of the day it's what's inside that counts. I'm on the hunt to find cheapest XBL Gold subscription (and also trying to figure out if I need it) just to get the ghost data/online connectivity (but not necessarily live multiplayer) in Forza 6.
If you find it please link me :D

My pre-ordered Halo 5 comes with the subscription (Not sure for how long though) iirc but I'm going overseas 10 days after my final exam so I'll probably use it later on and buy one that will last longer

turntaker

HSC
I would get Forza Horizon 2
but I don't have an xb0x

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I would get Forza Horizon 2
but I don't have an xb0x
I was thinking about it but I found that I didn't play horizon 1 that much. I realised I prefer structured racing than open world find your opponents on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turntaker

HSC
I was thinking about it but I found that I didn't play horizon 1 that much. I realised I prefer structured racing than open world find your opponents on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horizon 2 has a lot more cars and tuning I think. The story mode is not too open world I think, it will give you objectives on where to go and stuff and the multiplayer is great.
I would buy that if I had an xbox because I really like NFS:most wanted (the first one) and underground2 and that was open world

the story is not connected.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Horizon 2 has a lot more cars and tuning I think. The story mode is not too open world I think, it will give you objectives on where to go and stuff and the multiplayer is great.
I would buy that if I had an xbox because I really like NFS:most wanted (the first one) and underground2 and that was open world

the story is not connected.
Did you play NFS Rivals or NFS Most wanted? I ended up getting bored of racing around the city... if they based it on Sydney however then I'm sure I'd play it alot more :) (not sure if you remember PGR2 when they mapped Sydney CBD!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)